Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#108573 by teacherspet
Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 am
I have never seen people so slow in porting in my life all the other phone companys it one day Im still waiting :cry:
#108579 by holmes4
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:08 pm
It varies - really. My number ported in less than two weeks. I've seen it take a month or more from earlier ports.
#108585 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm
In the US, most wireless ports take less than 15 minutes.
Ports involving landline, VoIP usually take 1 business day unless non simple port.
Reseller ports are non simple ports. All ooma ports are reseller ports. Can take weeks. But record is 3 days from AT&T.
#108587 by teacherspet
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:54 pm
Will I call the ones that have my number they say all they need is my account number :?:
#108591 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:18 pm
teacherspet wrote:Will I call the ones that have my number they say all they need is my account number :?:

Heh?
#108663 by wizeguy6
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:19 am
Don't know what the gripe is, process seemed perfectly fine to me. I forwarded my previous service to my "new" Ooma number while waiting for porting to complete. Once porting was complete, POOF! Seamless, no pain, no hassle.
#108669 by teacherspet
Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:34 pm
Will im glad for you but they email me all the time say they need this and that which is find but Ihave been doing this for three
weeks :?
#108732 by teacherspet
Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 pm
Will here I we go another week no port just got another email saying my phone company rejected ooma again this realty sucks
#108736 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 pm
Oh, you are talking about your current provider asking for info (or something to fix before they would allow port). This happens if info you provided to Ooma is not accurate or for many other reasons. Just tell Ooma the info your current carrier is asking for (call the current carrier to confirm/verify info before you hand it to Ooma).
#108740 by murphy
Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 am
The information that you provide to Ooma about your old phone company account must match exactly what that phone company has or the port will be rejected. The easiest way to do this is to send Ooma a copy of a recent billing statement from the current phone company. Also there can not be any changes in progress to your current phone service. If you added a pin to your current phone account to prevent "slamming" it should be deleted because it will be doing exactly what it is designed to do which is prevent another phone company from taking control of your account.