Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#108519 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:38 pm
navycajun wrote:I have been a customer for over a year...sent the box back for replacement for I believe 4 times...because of poor function and quality.

Unbelievable number of times. What's been going on?
#108520 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:30 pm
navycajun wrote:Just joined this forum because the title caught my eye. I have been a customer for over a year...sent the box back for replacement for I believe 4 times...because of poor function and quality. Now...this last time...had to get a new one but guess what...out of warranty. Surprise...your warranty doesn't reset...I actually BOUGHT the new box and voila...the hand set is not compatible...when asked "I can sell you a new unit....." I refused. The OOMA voice on the other end said...I will take this up a level and get back to you within 48 hours...that was last week. I am absolutely convinced that all those positive review on Amazon are call center employees padding the stars.

The Ooma Telo can be found to be defective one time, and maybe two times, but never four times. It's unheard of. There has to be something else going on in your home where the Ooma Telo is located to cause the problems.

Please explain what your Ooma Telo problems have been?
#109055 by GMOOMA
Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:53 am
My exp. w/ unreliable svc's were:

multi-ring not working properly
call screening - not answerable (from time to time this keeps happening)
call quality to cell phones is YMMV (echo, which goes away part way into the call)

All of these tend to resolve either on their own or w/ a call to c/s.

The cablecos are a bit pissed about not being able to telemarket to customers by having their # banned. They are now using dial-arounds or telemarketers personal cell phone #s. I dunno if it's related but around the same time they killed my upstream bandwidth claiming there was a line noise problem for a week. Ooma barely functioned properly & when I was on the phone internet was UN-USABLE at all-- due to the limited upstream packets. Horrible to have to choose to either use the phone or the internet. It transported me back to the dialup days.

$12 - $13 a month for premier including taxes & fees isn't a bad deal compared to the top 3 leading 3rd party voip companies with the possible exception of a failed Telo.