Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#107794 by 159515100
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:31 pm
I have the premier service assuming that makes a difference with this question. If I try to answer the phone during the voice mail greeting I receive the dial tone and am not able to answer the call. If I wait until the caller begins to leave a voice mail message I am able to answer the phone. I realize I could simply lengthen the time it takes for the voice mail to pick up thus giving me ample time to answer but my preference would be for the benefit of the caller to have the voice mail pick up sooner rather than later. Is there something I need to do to be able to answer during the voice mail greeting or am I going to have to wait until the caller begins their voice mail message on the calls that I am delinquent am answering? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
#107810 by 159515100
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:39 am
I can pick it up at any time only when call screening is disabled. If call screening is enabled I can only pick it up while the caller is leaving their voice mail message and not during the time my outgoing greeting is being heard by the caller.
#107812 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 am
159515100 wrote:I can pick it up at any time only when call screening is disabled. If call screening is enabled I can only pick it up while the caller is leaving their voice mail message and not during the time my outgoing greeting is being heard by the caller.

What's the behavior? Dialtone? Try flashing over to current call?
#107866 by 159515100
Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:00 pm
Yes if I have call screening enabled and if I try to answer the phone during my voice mail greeting and prior to the caller having the opportunity of leaving a message I get the Ooma dial tone.