Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#101938 by bugblatter
Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:16 pm
I probably created around 6 groups and assigned various contacts to each, but now, all of a sudden, all the groups are gone (though the contacts are still there).

The only thing listed on the left sidebar under Contacts is "All" and "Add group". If I click on the "Group" button at the top of the main list (between "Add" and "More"), nothing shows up in the popup except "Add group". If I create a new contact, there is no place to assign it to a group, because it thinks there are no groups yet. If I create a new group, say "test", then that new group works fine, but the old groups remain missing.

Oddly, I can still see the group assigned to a contact when I click on that contact. But if I edit the contact, the group is not listed anywhere.

I can recreate and reassign all the old groups, but I'm not sure it's worth it if they are going to disappear again. I just wanted to report this bug and share my experience with anyone else out there with a similar problem.
#101948 by bugblatter
Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 pm
thunderbird wrote:bugblatter:
Try removing power from the Ooma Telo. Then repower the Ooma Telo and check and see if the Contact groups have returned.

Ok, but no, that didn't work. Thanks, but I would have been surprised if it had, since it seems to me more of a website issue than a hardware problem.
#101950 by thunderbird
Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 am
bugblatter wrote:
Try removing power from the Ooma Telo. Then repower the Ooma Telo and check and see if the Contact groups have returned.

Ok, but no, that didn't work. Thanks, but I would have been surprised if it had, since it seems to me more of a website issue than a hardware problem.

Most generally the Ooma Servers become "confused" when this happens>
Unpower your Ooma Telo for one hour. This allows the Ooma Severs to repair/rebuild your Ooma profile. Then repower your Ooma Telo. If your contacts still don't come back, contact Ooma Customer Service.
Customer Support

Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#101956 by murphy
Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 am
My contact groups are still there so it's not a global problem.
#102033 by bugblatter
Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 am
thunderbird wrote:
bugblatter wrote:

Most generally the Ooma Servers become "confused" when this happens>
Unpower your Ooma Telo for one hour. This allows the Ooma Severs to repair/rebuild your Ooma profile. Then repower your Ooma Telo. If your contacts still don't come back, contact Ooma Customer Service.
Customer Support

Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Left it powered down for a couple of hours, but no change.
I will email Customer Service at the address you gave.