Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#101904 by makuarro
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 am
Caller ID is just displaying the number that is calling, no name. I've been a premier subscriber for more than a year and it was it working fine unti the week of 10/19/12. I'd tried turning ON/OFF the unit, different phone but problem persists. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?
#101926 by rosie26y
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 pm
Yes, I am having the same issue with caller ID. The name is showing up as the person's phone number. This just started happening over the past few days. Very annoying.......does anyone know what's causing this???
#101927 by Leeway
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm
Did your credit card on file expire? Check 'My Ooma' for a clue

Donna
#101936 by rosie26y
Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:05 pm
All my credit card info is current.......but when I looked at my account it said basic. I am supposed to have premiere until Dec as I signed up last Oct and it included 60 days free premium and my paid premium was to kick in Dec of last year.......so they are not giving me that 60 days of free premium as promised.
#101942 by lbmofo
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 pm
If dates are correct, then should be a correctable problem. Call Ooma customer service.
#101968 by rosie26y
Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:04 am
so I checked to make sure my premier membership was still in place and it is.....was on the phone with CS for over an hour and they couldn't tell me why the names on the caller ID are not showing. They made me do a bunch of different things and nothing worked. I have not changed ANYTHING with my phones or my connection since I got the Ooma service. So since it was all working up until a couple days ago....it's nothing on my end. Something is screwed up on their end for sure. So no solution was given........UGH :cry:
#101970 by thunderbird
Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:12 am
rosie26y wrote:so I checked to make sure my premier membership was still in place and it is.....was on the phone with CS for over an hour and they couldn't tell me why the names on the caller ID are not showing. They made me do a bunch of different things and nothing worked. I have not changed ANYTHING with my phones or my connection since I got the Ooma service. So since it was all working up until a couple days ago....it's nothing on my end. Something is screwed up on their end for sure. So no solution was given........UGH :cry:

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001 in a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones. Post the firmware version here.

Power off the Ooma Telo for One hour. This allows the Ooma Servers to repair/rbuild correct your Ooma profile. Then repower your Ooma Telo and test.
#101981 by thunderbird
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 am
rosie26y wrote:They checked and told me all my software and firmware was up to date.....

It appears that there may be a firmware update in process for the general Ooma user group. It that is so, it would be nice to have your firmware version to allow the Ooma Forum to know which/what firmware version is installed when you are having this problem.
#101982 by murphy
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am
The originating phone company only sends your phone number with the call. It is up to the destination phone company to take the phone number and look up the name in the database that they use. All Ooma can do is transmit your caller ID name as an update to the multitude of CNAM databases. It is up to each database operator when and if to update their database.

Go here

http://tnid.org/

and enter your phone number to see what that database has for your name.