Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#97608 by DudeOfGrace
Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 am
Hello there fellow Ooma'ites! My first time posting here.

Was reviewing webpage http://www.ooma.com/app/support/call-logs within the Support primers where it states:

How long are call logs available for?
Your call logs are available for 60 days. At that time they are no longer accessible.

Is this true? All call activity records cycle out (purge) after becoming 60 days old? If so, why?!
#97610 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:51 am
Welcome Craig.
Yes, rolling 60 days of call logs. Likely to save space on the servers.
Not sure how long the legal requirement is so Ooma may keep older data behind the scenes.
If you want to, you can do "export" and keep yours forever. Every month sounds good to not miss any records.
#97619 by Bobby B
Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 pm
If you need call logs that are older than 60 days, you can call into Ooma support and they can provide you with a spreadsheet of your call log records.
#97620 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:10 pm
Bobby B wrote:If you need call logs that are older than 60 days, you can call into Ooma support and they can provide you with a spreadsheet of your call log records.

What's the limit? Since the beginning of time? :)
#97621 by DudeOfGrace
Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Thanks so much lbmofo and Bobby B for your prompt replies. I'm glad to see we have an active forum here.

lbmofo wrote:... If you want to, you can do "export" and keep yours forever. Every month sounds good to not miss any records.

Agreed ... but of course I'd much rather be free of the task.

I can more easily understand not maintaining the comparitively much larger mp3 VoiceMail data files beyond a certain time period, but keeping the actual call log data is hardly a resource strain. For what it's worth, that's my hint, wink, nod and two-cents-worth towards any interested forum monitoring Ooma management.

Bobby B wrote:If you need call logs that are older than 60 days, you can call into Ooma support and they can provide you with a spreadsheet of your call log records.

Is there a fee for this service?