Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#8345 by caralmar
Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:59 am
I have Premier and sometimes need to disable multiring in order to call home from my cell (multiring is setup to call my cell)... but there is no way to access the lounge from the mobile browser... gives me an SSL error. A nice simple mobile version of the lounge would be fantastic.
#8489 by WayneDsr
Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:18 pm
No need to disable multi-ring if you call using the phone set for multi-ring.
ooma is smart enough to know that you are using that phone and does not ring it.

Wayne
#8499 by Neubiee
Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:16 pm
WayneDsr wrote:No need to disable multi-ring if you call using the phone set for multi-ring.
ooma is smart enough to know that you are using that phone and does not ring it.

Wayne

Hmm.. not sure about that. I know Dennis mentioned that in the other thread. But when I have multi-ring enabled to my cell and I call home from cell it goes straight to OOMA BAM.
#8513 by WayneDsr
Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:22 pm
From Bobby B:
Yes, we are "smart enough" to not ring your cell phone. I'm surprised Vonage does what it does. That could potentially create a nasty routing loop (if you had your cell phone forwarded to your home phone).

Wayne

Are you also ringing your home phones with multi-ring?
#8518 by Neubiee
Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 am
WayneDsr wrote:From Bobby B:
Yes, we are "smart enough" to not ring your cell phone. I'm surprised Vonage does what it does. That could potentially create a nasty routing loop (if you had your cell phone forwarded to your home phone).

Wayne

Are you also ringing your home phones with multi-ring?

I meant Bobby not Dennis in the previous post. Heres how it is setup:
OOMA(my only home phone) --> multirings to Cell phone.

when i call my home phone(ooma) from cell --> goes right to ooma VM.
#8574 by bw1
Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:18 pm
Mine works correctly. I unblock my number when I call home from the cell phone and it works. If I block my number from the cell, the call goes to VM as I have ooma setup to send anonymous callers to VM.
#8578 by caralmar
Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:02 pm
bw1 wrote:Mine works correctly. I unblock my number when I call home from the cell phone and it works. If I block my number from the cell, the call goes to VM as I have ooma setup to send anonymous callers to VM.

Hi, can you tell me how exactly you "unblock my number when I call home from the cell phone and it works"?

Do you mean that you log on to the ooma lounge from your cell's browser? If so, what phone/browser are you using? Thanks!
#8611 by bw1
Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:08 am
caralmar wrote:
bw1 wrote:Mine works correctly. I unblock my number when I call home from the cell phone and it works. If I block my number from the cell, the call goes to VM as I have ooma setup to send anonymous callers to VM.

Hi, can you tell me how exactly you "unblock my number when I call home from the cell phone and it works"?

Do you mean that you log on to the ooma lounge from your cell's browser? If so, what phone/browser are you using? Thanks!

I have my cell phone number blocked as default with the cell phone company (Verizon pre-paid), so when I call my ooma number (home) it goes straight to voicemail. When I want to call home and have it ring the phones, I unblock by dialing *82 and then the number.

You can also block your caller id by dialing *67 and then the number for each individual call.