Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#94944 by Atifejaz
Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:33 am
I dont think I have a cat5 cable. It's been working fine with the current cables. And I have cable modem.
#94945 by Atifejaz
Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:48 am
Latest: Ooma is directly connected to the cable modem. I was able to make only one phone call. After this there is nothing but constant static on the phone and the "1" light is lit on ooma.
#94946 by WayneDsr
Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 pm
Since you have a cable modem, make sure you do exactly what Murphy says. Power off the modem, make sure there is no battery in the modem itself, if there is remove it for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and power up the modem first, then add the Telo or the router (which ever way you set it up). What I meant by cat 5 cable was a network cable. The flat network cable that comes with the Telo isn't the greatest. Cables can go bad in an instant, and using another known good cable will at least eliminate that possibility.

Wayne
#94950 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:57 pm
Atifejaz wrote:Here is what I've just discovered and it's quite peculiar. So long as I keep my wireless router unplugged, ooma works just fine. The minute wireless router is plugged in any configuration ooma stops working. It there a problem with ooma or wireless router?

Go into your wireless router and instead of using the Automatic setting for Wi-Fi frequencies, select just one of the listed frequencies, save and reboot the Modem, Ooma device, and Router. If that doesn't work, repeat the process and select a different Wi-Fi frequency until the Ooma device functions correctly.