Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#94678 by blackthorn11
Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:59 pm
incoming calls go directly to message--but no message is received
no dial tone. cannot make outgoing calls.

We have tried all sorts of changes to the configuration (which used to work). Now nothing works.
Help!
#94679 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:06 pm
Have you tried power cycling everything from the modem on? Power off everything, then power up modem first, wait until it goes online, then Ooma, wait until it goes online. If you have Ooma after the router, power up the router after modem, then wait until it goes online then Ooma.
#94683 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:20 pm
Does your Ooma come up blue? Telo, all buttons blue or Hub tab blue?
#94684 by thunderbird
Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:24 pm
blackthorn11 wrote:incoming calls go directly to message--but no message is received
no dial tone. cannot make outgoing calls.

We have tried all sorts of changes to the configuration (which used to work). Now nothing works.
Help!

Try pressing the Ooma Telo Envelope (Do not disturb button) button until it turns yellow. Then press it again until it turns blue. Then for testing call your Ooma phone number with your cell phone.

If that doesn't work, power off the Ooma Telo for one hour. Then repower the Ooma Telo and test again.
#94687 by blackthorn11
Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 pm
I haven't seen any colors on the buttons except red. Holding the envelop does not do it. I will try the power down. (Did for a short while, but not an hour). Thanks again. will let you know
#94688 by thunderbird
Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:51 pm
blackthorn11 wrote:I haven't seen any colors on the buttons except red. Holding the envelop does not do it. I will try the power down. (Did for a short while, but not an hour). Thanks again. will let you know

Reboot, Repower, Power Cycle, the Ooma Setup

When a problem occurs in your Home’s Internet/LAN setup, in most cases the first thing to do is to Reboot, Repower, Power Cycle your equipment.

For the best chances of correcting a problem with your Internet setup:
Always Power Cycle Internet devices, (devices that are connected together), starting from the Upstream (Internet signal source side) side, working your way downstream. It is always best to remove power from ALL devices in the connection line up before repowering any one device. Then repower one device at a time, until all devices have been Power Cycled.

Note: If your Modem contains a battery, reference you Modem owner’s manual, to have a successful Modem reboot, temporarily remove the battery before rebooting the Modem.

If you are using a Modem-Ooma-Router setup, do the following:
Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Device, and router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma device. When the Ooma device is done booting, repower the Router.

If you are using a Modem-Router-Ooma setup, do the following:
Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.

Normally nothing is connected to the Ooma device Home port when using a Modem-Router-Ooma setup. If for some reason you need to connect something to the Ooma Home port, after the Ooma device has been repowered, Power Cycle the device connected to the Ooma device Home port.

If you are using a Combination Modem/Router-Ooma setup, do the following:
Remove power from the Modem/Router, and Ooma device. Repower the Modem/Router. When the Modem/Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.
#94718 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 am
blackthorn11 wrote:Thanks everyone. Nothing seems to work on this unit, but thanks for your input. I think it is back to AT&T

If your Ooma Telo is defective and it is within the one year warranty period, you can contact Ooma Customer Support, and they will send you a replacement Ooma Telo, shipping prepaid. They will also send along a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective unit back.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#95477 by iwonaj33
Wed May 02, 2012 3:33 pm
I have the same problem, It started around month ago. I will turn the power off for 1 hour.