Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#94129 by bocaboy
Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:29 pm
Why is is that the ability to blacklist a phone number from the call logs is missing when I access my.ooma from the iPad or iPhone? This is one of the most useful features of Ooma Premium, and it can't be accessed from a mobile device? What gives? There always seems to be one feature that's missing that leaves the user a day late and a dollar short, and this is one of them. How about an update that adds this functionality to the mobile website and apps?
#94138 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:17 pm
Here we go.
lbmofo wrote:When I want to login to the regular version, I log off. Then at the bottom of the login page, there is a link to "regular version."
Once logged in, I might end up in My Ooma Mobile again. I close the web browser page (don't need to sometimes), then surf from history, to the Ooma login page and it takes me right to the full version of the website.

Once you get to the full version of my ooma website, you can do what you do as if you are surfing on a computer.
#94141 by bocaboy
Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:21 am
Thanks for the tip. I still don't understand why the ability to blacklist a number is the one thing the programmers left out. I'ts one of the main reasons I subscribe to Premiere. It sounds like Ooma engineering does software design without user input. Too bad.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the workaround.
#94289 by bocaboy
Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:53 am
Lbmfo,

I tried what you suggested, but the browser continues to go back to the mobile site unless I empty the cache for Safari. What that means is that I have to lose all of my cached data for ALL sites in order to compensate for the omission of a simple feature that was overlooked by the geniuses at Ooma engineering.

Maybe the next revision of the mobile app will actually include improvements from USERS of Ooma (gasp!) although my hopes are not high.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to this post and offer a suggestion. It's more than the forum administrator for Ooma was able to do!
#94291 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:58 am
Using iPhone doing this, if trying to get to "full site" gets me to mobile version again, I was able to....

Go to history, navigate to My Ooma - Login (won't ask for userid/password again)

or

Close the browser, open browser again, go to history, navigate to My Ooma - Login (won't ask for userid/password again)

That gets me to full site without having to clear anything.