Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#92636 by loscolon
Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 am
I am a new Ooma customer subscribed to Ooma Premier and the International Plan that gives me 1000 minutes every month for $10/month.

I am looking for a way to track the total minutes used for international calling. We make a lot of international calls and so far the only way to track how many minutes we've used is to go to My Ooma where it shows you a log of all international calls but it does not add the minutes. This means I have to go line by line and add the minutes up to see if we are close to our 1000-minute limit. Now, I don't think we will be close to the 1000-minute limit but since there is an option to buy 500 minutes for $5, I want to track our usage to see if that would be a better option for us.

With Vonage, I had unlimited international calling and I had the ability to track calls and see how many minutes we used. Isn't this counter-intuitive? (a plan with unlimited calling tracks minutes used, but the plan with 1000-minute limit can't track the minutes used!)

Help!!
#92639 by Cyberchat
Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 am
loscolon wrote:I am a new Ooma customer subscribed to Ooma Premier and the International Plan that gives me 1000 minutes every month for $10/month.

I am looking for a way to track the total minutes used for international calling. We make a lot of international calls and so far the only way to track how many minutes we've used is to go to My Ooma where it shows you a log of all international calls but it does not add the minutes. This means I have to go line by line and add the minutes up to see if we are close to our 1000-minute limit. Now, I don't think we will be close to the 1000-minute limit but since there is an option to buy 500 minutes for $5, I want to track our usage to see if that would be a better option for us.

With Vonage, I had unlimited international calling and I had the ability to track calls and see how many minutes we used. Isn't this counter-intuitive? (a plan with unlimited calling tracks minutes used, but the plan with 1000-minute limit can't track the minutes used!)

Help!!

Within the "My Ooma" website, under Call Logs there is an option to "Export" the call logs. If you select the filter of "Outbound Calls" before the export and then export the call log, you can then open this file as a spreadsheet and treat it as a small database. Within the spreadsheet you can then sort on two columns, first --> "Remote Number" (to group your international calls) and second --> "Date/Time" (to group your international calls by time periods). Then you can use simple formulae to sum the Duration(seconds) column. You can use multiple summation operators to group your international calls by each month.

If you don't have a spreadsheet application, you can find an excellent free set of office applications at OpenOffice.org which include both a spreadsheet and database application as well as several other very useful applications.