Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#92285 by jesage
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:31 pm
I am more than a little angry right now. My ooma will allow for calls to go out but when someone calls they are told the number has been disconnected. Just got off the phone with customer service and was told Ooma to Ooma works but since outside numbers are not reaching it then they have to wait to contact a carrier on MONDAY! Are you serious?!? I have been with Ooma for at least a couple of years with the same number and I am told I am just out of luck until they can reach a carrier next week and have NO ETA. And yes, I paid for primer service.
#92289 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:05 pm
jesage wrote:I am more than a little angry right now. My ooma will allow for calls to go out but when someone calls they are told the number has been disconnected. Just got off the phone with customer service and was told Ooma to Ooma works but since outside numbers are not reaching it then they have to wait to contact a carrier on MONDAY! Are you serious?!? I have been with Ooma for at least a couple of years with the same number and I am told I am just out of luck until they can reach a carrier next week and have NO ETA. And yes, I paid for primer service.

I see a few other people are reporting to the Ooma forum that they are having the same problem. It is probably a carrier routing problem.

It seems like the Ooma moderators, that are also Ooma Engineers had been AWOL for some time, at least from the Ooma Forum.

This has helped other people in the past:
Access My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/blacklists and temporarily Disable both black lists, and click o Save.
Next access My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/privacy and temporarily disable Anonymous Call Block and click on Save.
Next remove power from your Ooma Telo for twenty minutes. At the end of the twenty minutes, repower the Ooma Telo. Test using your cell phone to call your Ooma one line number.

Anyone else having this problem should be sure to report your problem to Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#92297 by Frankjake
Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 pm
Jesage, same problem here. But I posted my issue under another topic. I've been on and off the phone with support most of the day, in fact just hung up at 5:01pm with the last person I'll be able to speak with today. he said it's an ooma outage, it's been out for over a week and no ETA on fixing it.

But as I explained in my original post, it seems they are fixing it piece by piece, now I can get calls from a land line but not from cell phone users of At&T. I was able to get at least 1 call from a friend on his cell with Verizon service. So I guess they are working on it. I run a small business out of my home so Ooma is not the answer for small business owners. I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt but if they have know about this now for a week, and did not notify their customers...... not good service at all.

Anyone else having this problem, please report it on this forum. I wonder how many people are NOT getting calls and don't even know it.
#92441 by jesage
Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm
As a follow up, my line now appears to be working. I found this out durring a random test call to my own line. Never had anyone from Ooma follow back up with me to let me know if it was being worked on or that it was resolved.... :shock: