Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#91766 by highq
Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:34 pm
There are scores of "free conference call facilities", but they charge carriers unusually high amounts for connecting, so much so that Ooma refuses to put through calls to such numbers.
#91768 by southsound
Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:12 pm
PROFAUX.COM wrote:I have a 800 number that I would like to port.........Is it possible?

I don't believe that ooma allows you to port in an 800 number.

That said, is the 800 number through your current telephone utility or did you purchase it from a company that just forwards the calls to a regular landline? If the latter, then just have that company change where the calls forward to your ooma number. If it is currently with the telco directly, then you will need to port it to a company that can forward it to your ooma number. One company I have had good success with is voip.ms. You don't need any voip hardware to use them. Just set up the port and then use their control panel to forward the number to your ooma system. Porting is $25 and the per minute and monthly rates are very reasonable.
#91770 by rmeden
Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:00 pm
You can move the 800# to any long distance carrier. (assuming you own it). There's a simple form to fill out, it's pretty painless, *IF* you own your number. If your current carrier owns it, you may have a problem.

For years I've had a few 800#s through what is now Telrite.com (800# routes to any phone #, my Ooma number in this case.) I only pay for what I use and that's next to nothing. I'm not sure if my plan is grandfathered in. I've been very happy with them.

I originally got the 800#s because they were offered without charge for usage only. They used to come in handy at payphones. Now that payphones almost don't exist, I just keep them out of habit. :)

Robert
#92459 by oomg
Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:06 am
LIne2/Toktumi will allow you can port your toll free (800) number. See:
http://support.line2.com/entries/86479- ... -be-ported

Costs about $12.50 per month if paid on annual basis. See: http://www.toktumi.com/Pricing.aspx

Smartphone app is free to download, and is nearly flawless. Both inbound and outbound calls can be made via wifi on the Line2 app.