Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#90824 by myoomauser
Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:30 pm
"The do not disturb feature is only available through the OOma premier service. Handset registration enabled - your handset registration number is 132"

The above is the voice message that plays through my Ooma every time I connect my Epson V200 scanner to a usb port on my Windoes 7 PC. The Ooma box is not even connected to my computer directly as the connections is directly from the modem to the ooma box which is connected via ethernet cable to my Netgear Router.

Can anyone explain why it does this, and how I can resolve that issue?
#90825 by rmeden
Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:34 pm
wow.. that's interesting. :)

Does the scanner have a FAX line connected to the Ooma? Maybe it's sending out some touch tones.

If you unplug your PC from the network, does it still do it?

Robert
#90827 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:52 pm
myoomauser wrote:"The do not disturb feature is only available through the OOma premier service. Handset registration enabled - your handset registration number is 132"

The above is the voice message that plays through my Ooma every time I connect my Epson V200 scanner to a usb port on my Windoes 7 PC. The Ooma box is not even connected to my computer directly as the connections is directly from the modem to the ooma box which is connected via ethernet cable to my Netgear Router.

Can anyone explain why it does this, and how I can resolve that issue?

By any chance are you connecting the Scanner USB cable to the USB port of the Ooma by mistake?

Maybe your Netgear Router, if you are using Wi-Fi, is conflicting with the Ooma Telo? Access your Netgear Router and change the Wi-Fi channel setting from Automatic, to just one of the listed channels, then test. If that doesn't work, try another one of the listed channels and test.
#90834 by myoomauser
Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:43 am
There is nothing connected to the Ooma USB port. The scanner does not have any fax feature nor wireless transmitter and that is why I am so mystified! I have tried changing the wireless port from Auto to 5. Also disconnected the pc from the router. Even tried plugging in the scanner to a different electric outlet. No matter what, the problem remains which starts out with the light on the Ooma flashing red and then proceeding to the voice messages described.
#90838 by thunderbird
Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:34 am
myoomauser wrote:There is nothing connected to the Ooma USB port. The scanner does not have any fax feature nor wireless transmitter and that is why I am so mystified! I have tried changing the wireless port from Auto to 5. Also disconnected the pc from the router. Even tried plugging in the scanner to a different electric outlet. No matter what, the problem remains which starts out with the light on the Ooma flashing red and then proceeding to the voice messages described.

If the Ooma Symbol on the face of the Ooma Telo Flashes red, it means that the Ooma Telo has lost or had an interruption to it's Internet signal, even if it's just a short period of time.

What is the name and model number of your Modem?

For testing, try connecting your home LAN setup to Modem-Router-Ooma. Reboot everything and then test.

If that doesn’t work, try the following:

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

Next:
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.
#90843 by rmeden
Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:40 am
Did you say you had the same problem with the PC disconnected from the network???

Modem -> Ooma -> Netgear (nothing in a netgear LAN port)

Scanner -> PC (PC not on the network)

You plug your scanner into your PC (unconnected to anything) and the Ooma says "privacy mode not available"?????
#90848 by tommies
Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:40 pm
Does your scanner has build in card reader and offers 'scan to card' (mine does.) with no computer connected? Do a test scan to card with no pc connected to see if the problem remains.

My guess here that during starting up the scanner emits some 'noises' (ie RF) which by accident match the telo code for some command.

I'm thinking to suggest to turn off the bluetooth feature, but I cannot do it in my telo. It seams this bluetooth thing is hard coded in
#91160 by myoomauser
Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:29 pm
No I am still trying to identify the cause. The scanner (Epson V200) is a fairly basic design with no wireless connectivity of any sort. The problem exists whether my router is behind or after my modem in the hook up and even taking my router out of the system entirely and removing it from the room makes no difference. Obviously this is not something I can't live with, but it just bugs me as to why..
#91161 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:34 pm
myoomauser wrote:No I am still trying to identify the cause. The scanner (Epson V200) is a fairly basic design with no wireless connectivity of any sort. The problem exists whether my router is behind or after my modem in the hook up and even taking my router out of the system entirely and removing it from the room makes no difference. Obviously this is not something I can't live with, but it just bugs me as to why..

Go to this site,
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/supp ... y=Products
and download the PDF file "Notices". Open the PDF file "Notices" and click on FCC Compliance Statement in the menu, then read it.

It appears that this scanner, with the right conditions, might have the ability to emit radiation of some sort. It would be interesting to at some time when you have time, to wrap the entire scanner in tinfoil, covering every square inch, allowing only the electrical cords to come out. Then plug in the scanner as you did before, and see what happens.

Note: I also noticed that the correct USB cable must be used with this scanner.