Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#89305 by Nadinejt
Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 am
In my OOMA, Preferences, Privacy tab, I have unchecked the selection to "block display of my caller ID for outbound calls" yet when I call others they are telling me that their callerID shows me as a 'private caller'.

Is there another setting I am missing to ensure that others can see my name or # is viewable in their caller ID?
#89307 by hpepper
Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:42 am
Nadinejt wrote:In my OOMA, Preferences, Privacy tab, I have unchecked the selection to "block display of my caller ID for outbound calls" yet when I call others they are telling me that their callerID shows me as a 'private caller'.

Is there another setting I am missing to ensure that others can see my name or # is viewable in their caller ID?

Looks like you are a new Ooma customer? If so, welcome to Ooma. If you are new, it could take a few weeks for your caller ID to be updated in the caller ID databases.
#89396 by Nadinejt
Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:35 am
HI all and many thanks for your troubleshooting suggestions, but alas, none has worked thus far.

What I have found is:

- "Block display of my caller-ID for outbound calls" is unchecked in my.ooma.com, preferences, privacy tab

- when I use my Ooma to call another #, it shows 'private caller' on the receiving end.

- Intermittently it shows the telephone # 877-770-4422 on the receiving end, which is not a known # to me. I called this # and it just rings.

Troubleshooting:
- I have:
- unplugged for 1/2 hr
- checked, saved, waited 5 minutes and tested, and
- unchecked, saved, waited 5 min and tested.

Might need to create a support ticket as having caller ID was a key decision criteria in my purchase decision.

Thanks again!