Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#89128 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:22 pm
niftydolphin wrote:The telo said my version was 49339. How do I get it to update?

Updates are controlled and "pushed" by Ooma. Lately people that have had the Robotic Voice issues, have been able to call Ooma Customer Support, ask for second level support, and get an advanced firmware update to fix that problem. Otherwise you just have to wait.
#89134 by mrbill16
Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 am
My call logs stopped on Oct 31. This is Ooma support's response.

"Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care.

I'm sorry for some confusion and for the inconvenience. For the best experience with your My Ooma account, please use one of the following Internet browsers:

- Internet Explorer 7 or 8
- Firefox 2 or 3
- Safari 3 or 4

While it is possible to access your My Ooma account from other web browsers, Ooma cannot guarantee that they will work properly with all features. You may also try doing the steps below on your browser:

- Delete cookies, cache, temporary internet files, browsing history.
- After deleting, close your browser and open a new one.
- Try to login again, and make sure not to put any spaces or dashes between phone numbers.

Note: Let us know if you'll still have the same issue.

If you have further questions or require additional clarification, please write me back and I will respond to you as quickly as possible, usually the same day. Your satisfaction is important to me, and I will make sure we bring this to resolution consistent with your expectations. If it’s more convenient, you can also visit our support website https://www.ooma.com/support and check out our wide variety of helpful articles that may answer any additional questions that might come up in the future.

Thank you for choosing Ooma!


Sincerely,

John

Ooma Customer Care Specialist"

Really! I wonder how it could have been working for 8 months using IE 9.
#89135 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:38 am
mrbill16:
The response that some of Ooma Customer Support people have been giving, and has worked in many cases, is to power off your Ooma device for 20 minutes.

This gives the Ooma Servers time to rebuild/correct your Ooma profile.

Then repower your Ooma device. Make and receive test calls, then check your My Ooma call logs.
#89183 by mrbill16
Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:38 pm
thunderbird,

I did what you suggested and it's working for the time being. I am however, becoming very frustrated with all the random problems that keep cropping up. I bounce between echo, delay, robotic, low volume on voicemail and now call logs issues. Yes, I am following the forum and have implemented all the suggestions, but really, is this what one is to expect from a VOIP provider?
#89184 by billcoff
Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:44 pm
I powered mine off for 20 minutes. When it booted back up, the website was logging calls for about 6 hours. While I was looking at the log on the website, all the recent calls disappeared and now it is back to late October.That was on my Mac. I checked on my Windows7 Computer and today's calls were still there.
#89185 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:04 pm
mrbill16 wrote:thunderbird,

I did what you suggested and it's working for the time being. I am however, becoming very frustrated with all the random problems that keep cropping up. I bounce between echo, delay, robotic, low volume on voicemail and now call logs issues. Yes, I am following the forum and have implemented all the suggestions, but really, is this what one is to expect from a VOIP provider?

Ooma Telo Firmware Update that has started being "Pushed" today, Nov 3, 2011, to eveyone; and will coninue to be "pushed out" over the next two weeks to everyone that owns Ooma Telos, is supposed to fix this problem.

See note bellow:
Ooma Telo 50832 Release Notes:
Fix issue where myooma stops showing new call logs after the telo receives caller-ID containing "&" [11978]

Veiw topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12746 for more information.

I believe this is a result the differences between the old and of the new Ooma servers that has recently been installed.
#89355 by drp4
Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 am
I started having the calls not logging issue last week. Came here to research it. It seems to be hit and miss. Some days it works ok, and others it doesn't. Anyone know how long it takes for the log to update/show up after an incoming call?? Seems to be kinda like a propagation delay.
#89356 by harry12
Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:38 am
My call log stopped working the afternoon of Nov 1. This was the first time it ever stopped. I didn't notice it for three days, until a robo-caller began to annoy. Went to check the log and noticed the log failure. I then did the lo-o-o-o-o-ong reboot, blacklisted the robo-caller and now all seems normal. :D
#89365 by wpc53
Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:09 pm
To drp4, today I checked the time it took for a call to appear in the call log. It took me maybe 10 seconds after the call to navigate to MyOoma and pull up the call log. the call was already logged.

I read the release notes version 50832 and it states

" Fix issue where myooma stops showing new call logs after the telo receives caller-ID containing "&" [11978]"

I do have a contact where I added an "&". That could explain why the problem is transient and returned after a reboot of the Telo. Ooma customer support told me that a) rebooting the telo would fix it (temporarily) and, b) rebooting would have no effect. Guys you can't have it both ways. I received the interim firmware update 50603 and it appears to have fixed the problem. That also means I can't test to see if the "&" in the caller ID does indeed cause the log to stop.

Someone without the firmware upgrades could certainly play with incoming calls and if the "&" breaks the call log, verify whether a reboot of the Telo has an effect.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests