Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#88291 by DawnW
Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:40 am
Well, that was easy.

I boxed everything up in the original box, took in the original receipt and headed to Costco. The lady looked at the box and the receipt and issued me the full amount onto a Costco store credit card for $215 ($199 plus $16 tax). I then found another Ooma telo in the store, for $179 and bought it and brought it home and it works perfectly! I also got some steak with my $20 extra credit amount! :D

I have to say that I really wonder if something wasn't defective on that last telo from the get-go. I had all sorts of issues with it. It would go off for no reason and I would have to start and restart everything a few times before it would connect back on. It also NEVER let me get messages on the actual tell. If I pushed "play" the entire hub would turn off. I always had to get my messages on the phone itself by dialing in.

I thought it was typical of Ooma, but this one was plugged in and immediately started working without any restart of anything (after I called to activate it.)

The only thing I do find odd about this one is that the lights on the front power on dark blue when starting but then there are no lights at all after it boots up, is this normal?

So happy I bought it at Costco and am up and running again!

Dawn
Last edited by DawnW on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#88294 by murphy
Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 am
DawnW wrote:The only thing I do find odd about this one is that the lights on the front power on dark blue when starting but then there are no lights at all after it boots up, is this normal?

Tap the center button in the top row to set the light level. One of the levels is OFF.
#88297 by joe123
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:06 am
southsound wrote:If you bought the hub at Costco and you have your receipt, you should be OK as long as it was prior to them changing the policy.

I just bought my Ooma Telo at Costco and the first thing I asked before I bought it was the return policy for the Ooma. There is NO 90-day limit on Ooma.

However, reading posts here, it sounds like you still need to pay $79.99 to transfer from your old (broken) Ooma to your new Ooma. Is this correct?

So if you return your broken Ooma to Costco and get a free replacement, you are still out $79.99, correct?
#88298 by DawnW
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 am
Thank you! It came on bright blue. Does it matter if it is on or not for actual calls?

Dawn

murphy wrote:
DawnW wrote:The only thing I do find odd about this one is that the lights on the front power on dark blue when starting but then there are no lights at all after it boots up, is this normal?

Tap the center button in the top row to set the light level. One of the levels is OFF.
#88299 by DawnW
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:14 am
NO!

I called to see about getting the last hub fixed and customer service confirmed that it was dead. She told me to get a new one and CALL to reactivate to avoid the fee.

When I called to activate I specified that I was calling to avoid the fee as it was a replacement for a broken hub.

If I get charged I will be very upset as they indicated I would not be.

However, I do NOT expect to get the added 60 days of free premium, etc....and honestly don't need it anyway.

Dawn

joe123 wrote:
southsound wrote:If you bought the hub at Costco and you have your receipt, you should be OK as long as it was prior to them changing the policy.

I just bought my Ooma Telo at Costco and the first thing I asked before I bought it was the return policy for the Ooma. There is NO 90-day limit on Ooma.

However, reading posts here, it sounds like you still need to pay $79.99 to transfer from your old (broken) Ooma to your new Ooma. Is this correct?

So if you return your broken Ooma to Costco and get a free replacement, you are still out $79.99, correct?