Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#88144 by DawnW
Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:45 am
I have done the normal run through of unplugging everything and waiting and re-plugging back in again a few times but every time I plug in the Ooma the number buttons (1 and 2) light up blue but nothing else comes on. It just stays that way. The phone isn't working at all to receive calls or make calls.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Dawn
#88151 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:29 am
DawnW wrote:I have done the normal run through of unplugging everything and waiting and re-plugging back in again a few times but every time I plug in the Ooma the number buttons (1 and 2) light up blue but nothing else comes on. It just stays that way. The phone isn't working at all to receive calls or make calls.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Dawn

If the Ooma Hub only boots to the Line 1 & 2 blue lights, with no other lights coming on while booting, it means that probably the Ooma Hub's boot loader isn't working. That's bad news for your Ooma Hub.

Can you access Ooma Setup, after letting the Ooma Hub boot as far as it will go?
#88154 by DawnW
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:08 am
I am not sure what you mean? When I plug it in it goes strait to the 1 and 2 lights on and doesn't do anything else.

How do I access Ooma set up? Is that on the computer or on the hub?
#88157 by DawnW
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 am
Well, CRAP! (MUCH stronger word intended!)

I just called customer support and we tried it a few times and she confirmed it is DEAD.

it isn't even 2 years old!

So much for great savings.
#88160 by southsound
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:46 am
DawnW wrote:Well, CRAP! (MUCH stronger word intended!)

I just called customer support and we tried it a few times and she confirmed it is DEAD.

All might not be lost... If you purchased your hub with a credit card, check to see if one of the card's benefits is an extended warranty. I use both an American Express and an Amazon Visa as my main credit cards, Both offer an additional year on warranties of a year or more and double the warranty if less than a year. I have only used it once on a stereo receiver, but it made a real believer out of me. If you don't have the paperwork for your card handy, you can check the benefits of your card online at the issuer's website. Note that most of these plans do not actually repair the unit but rather give you a refund of what you paid for it. If you replace your hub with a Telo they can transfer your hub's TOS to the new Telo. If you do that, do NOT activate it online. Call customer service for the switch.
#88162 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:57 am
DawnW wrote:I am not sure what you mean? When I plug it in it goes strait to the 1 and 2 lights on and doesn't do anything else.

How do I access Ooma set up? Is that on the computer or on the hub?

If you have your connection Modem-Ooma-Router, after allowing the Ooma Hub to boot as far as it will go, type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. If the Ooma Setup pages opens. Then there may be a chance. But if the Ooma Setup pages don't open, no chance.

If you connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable to the Ooma Hub home port, and the the othr end of the cable to the wired LAN port of a computer. If Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer, temporariy turn it off. Reboot the computer. After allowing the Ooma Hub to boot as far as it will go, type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. If the Ooma Setup pages opens. Then there may be a chance. But if the Ooma Setup pages don't open, no chance.
#88168 by DawnW
Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:29 am
Thank you. We will try this tonight or tomorrow.

ETA: Oops, looks like I need a USB with both A Male ends. I don't have one. I will get one in the next couple of days and try that before getting a new hub.

I can at least get my messages online right now, so it working of sorts. I just can't make calls with it.
#88244 by DawnW
Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:53 pm
I will be checking this. Thanks.

I also see that the return policy to Costco was 90 days on TVs, cell phones, and similar items and not ALL electronics as I think it is now. I have the receipt with the description of the return policy at the time on it.

I did use a VISA to purchase. How does one even go about reporting it to VISA?

And thanks for the tip about calling in. She did tell me that there would be no charge for activating a new telo with my current subscription.

Dawn

southsound wrote:
DawnW wrote:Well, CRAP! (MUCH stronger word intended!)

All might not be lost... If you purchased your hub with a credit card, check to see if one of the card's benefits is an extended warranty. I use both an American Express and an Amazon Visa as my main credit cards, Both offer an additional year on warranties of a year or more and double the warranty if less than a year. I have only used it once on a stereo receiver, but it made a real believer out of me. If you don't have the paperwork for your card handy, you can check the benefits of your card online at the issuer's website. Note that most of these plans do not actually repair the unit but rather give you a refund of what you paid for it. If you replace your hub with a Telo they can transfer your hub's TOS to the new Telo. If you do that, do NOT activate it online. Call customer service for the switch.
Last edited by DawnW on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#88245 by southsound
Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm
DawnW wrote:I will be checking this. Thanks.

I also see that the return policy to Costco was 90 days on TVs, cell phones, and similar items and not ALL electronics as I think it is now. I have the receipt with the description of the return policy at the time on it.

Dawn

If you bought the hub at Costco and you have your receipt, you should be OK as long as it was prior to them changing the policy. I know of a person who purchased a hub just under two years ago and they returned it after about 16 months. Full refund, no problem. It may be up the the store management, but remind them that the return policy allowed the return when you purchased it and that you would like to continue to be a happy Costco customer.

As to Visa, check your statement to see if a particular website is shown. On that website, there will be a link to show the extra benefits of your card. My Amazon Visa is through Chase - but many banks offer their own Visa card so check the statement to be sure. There will also be a number to call to report a claim.
#88250 by DawnW
Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:51 pm
Thank you. I have a Chase Visa as well, although when I searched online it states only the signature Visa includes extended warrantees. Mine is just a Disney Chase Visa card.

I will try the Costco route in the next couple of days first and if that doesn't work I will call Visa.

I found my original box and all the contents that came with it originally as well as the receipt that clearly states the policy at the time.

Dawn

southsound wrote:
DawnW wrote:I will be checking this. Thanks.

Dawn

If you bought the hub at Costco and you have your receipt, you should be OK as long as it was prior to them changing the policy. I know of a person who purchased a hub just under two years ago and they returned it after about 16 months. Full refund, no problem. It may be up the the store management, but remind them that the return policy allowed the return when you purchased it and that you would like to continue to be a happy Costco customer.

As to Visa, check your statement to see if a particular website is shown. On that website, there will be a link to show the extra benefits of your card. My Amazon Visa is through Chase - but many banks offer their own Visa card so check the statement to be sure. There will also be a number to call to report a claim.