Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#88092 by blackpippi
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:33 pm
I have an old Ooma (not TELO). I am on the Core plan ( not premium). I have been using the mobile app on my iPhone to check messages, but it is no longer working. Just get a blank screen. Likewise, just using my iPhone and logging into Ooma's website via Safari it knows I'm on an iPhone so launches a streamlined "mobile" version of the website. Again, a blank screen. Only when I click on the button that directs me to full web version am I able to check my messages ( the screen is very small and cluttered on the iPhone).
I've been an Ooma customer for over 3 years and I know they often change their plans without notifying their customers. Is Ooma mobile no longer available to Core customers?

I tried this on 2 iPhones and an iPad with identical results- a blank screen.
#88136 by Bill D
Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:48 pm
I just bought the Ooma Mobile App for my iPhone 4 for a trip to Europe and saw the same thing as you. Even if I use the iPhone's Safari Browser to access the mobile version of MyOoma it shows a blank screen. I called Tech Support and they said it was a problem on the Ooma end which is being worked on.
#88140 by blackpippi
Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:20 pm
Thank you. I really did think Ooma was changing their terms which they have done before. In the meantime I found a workaround that I think I actually prefer. I just added this bookmark to the Safari browser and it takes me to a very clean interface:

https://my.ooma.com/inbox
or
https://my.ooma.com/m

depending on your preference.
#88145 by Bill D
Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:56 am
Perfect! Thanks. Those links do the job until Ooma fixes their links or whatever is wrong.

I'm having another problem with the App, which I posted here - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12570

When I place a call to anyone with an Ooma Hub (I've tried 4), I don't hear a ring tone on the iPhone end. I just hear silence until the person or Ooma VM speaks.

This is easy to try by simply calling your own Hub from your iPhone App. Do you also not hear a ring tone?

Bill