Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#87710 by jganders
Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:16 am
My Telo box suddenly displays a strange symptom. It's been working fine for a couple years.
The only light activity is this:

The 1 and 2 blue lights are on constant for 22 seconds, go off. Immediately the Delete and Save blue lights on for 3 seconds, then off.

This repeats endlessly.
No other lights come on.
When I unplug/plug (reboot) the box, no other lights ever come on. A few dark seconds after rebooting the box returns to the activity explained above.

No changes have been made to my network. The Cat5 plug blinks like it is happy.

Thanx in advance for your help.
Jim
San Diego
#87714 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 am
jganders wrote:My box suddenly displays a strange symptom. It's been working fine for a couple years.
The only light activity is this:

The 1 and 2 blue lights are on constant for 22 seconds, go off. Immediately the Delete and Save blue lights on for 3 seconds, then off.

This repeats endlessly.
No other lights come on.
When I unplug/plug (reboot) the box, no other lights ever come on. A few dark seconds after rebooting the box returns to the activity explained above.

No changes have been made to my network. The Cat5 plug blinks like it is happy.

Thanx in advance for your help.
Jim
San Diego

I wonder if Ooma Telo Firmware Update 49339 was being downloaded and got stuck?

If you can access Ooma Setup, try changing the Connection type to Dynamic (DHCP).

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to the Telo to issue a factory reset.

If none of those things helps, call Ooma Customer Support.
#87760 by jganders
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:46 am
Thunderbird. Your suggestions are interesting. I do not know what you mean by 'access Oooma setup'. Does this mean following original setup instructions? Dialing the factory reset code had no effect. When I pickup the handset there is dead silence. After dialing the code, still dead silence, no lights activity on the Telo.

Ooma support was no support. I feel that the sequence of light blinking as described is designed to be symptomatic of a specific problem. Lights dont blink this way randomly. The troubleshooting guide does not cover this particular light display. I was hoping an Ooma tech would enlighten me directly. Going through Ooma support, I feel, was an unnecessary effort as these people basically walked me through replacing every cable, reconfiguring me network, pulling cables, etc. IE they are going through a level 1 script. Finally, the support person had me unplug my cable modem, which to my dismay, ended our conversation because I get landline phone service via cable.
Is there a Oooma tech who can comment via this forum on the curious state of my Telo lights as described in this topic?
thanx.
#87765 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:39 am
jganders:
Something else to try:
Have you tried to reboot your Ooma Telo with just the power adapter connected? No phone cords connected to the Ooma Telo and no Internet cables connected. If you do this, and then you eventually see the Ooma symbol flashing red, something might be wrong with a phone, phone cable, or Internet cable. If you get to the point where the Ooma symbol is flashing red, plug in the Modem network cable into the Ooma Telo Internet port. The Ooma symbol should turn blue.

Ooma Setup Access:
For a Modem-Ooma-Router connection, accessing Ooma Setup is accomplished by typing http://172.27.35.1 in a computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens. In your case you leave the Ooma Telo boot as far as it will boot before attempting to access Ooma Setup.

If you have a Modem-Router-Ooma connection, temporarily connect a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma Telo, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in a computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens. In your case you leave the Ooma Telo boot as far as it will boot before attempting to access Ooma Setup.

If you are able to access Ooma Setup, click on the Internet tab. Following Connection type: click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update Device, below. Reboot the Ooma Telo.