Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#87589 by DawnW
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 am
Yesterday we had an issue with our internet. The cable guy came out and ended up giving us a new modem.

For some reason, we cannot get the hub to come back on after the switch. I think we have rebooted over 5 times now with no luck.

The red light just blinks and blinks.

HELP!

I have tried calling the 800 number but all I get is a busy signal.

Dawn
#87590 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:49 am
Did you power off the modem while Ooma is powered off?

Turn on the modem first, wait until it goes online, then power up Ooma.
#87591 by DawnW
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:54 am
Yes, that is what we did all the times we rebooted. We turned off the modem and the router and the Ooma hub and then plugged them in each separately until they came back on.

I cannot get the 800 number to work. I have tried it several times with my cell this am and it is a busy signal each time.

Dawn
#87593 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:57 am
DawnW wrote:Yes, that is what we did all the times we rebooted. We turned off the modem and the router and the Ooma hub and then plugged them in each separately until they came back on.

I cannot get the 800 number to work. I have tried it several times with my cell this am and it is a busy signal each time.

Dawn

Try to bring your Ooma back to blue first. Force the DHCP: viewtopic.php?t=12400#p86930
After your Ooma comes back online, for the 800 number, even with busy signal, stay on to see if it connects a bit later.
#87595 by DawnW
Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 am
Ok, I have typed the http://172.27.35.1 into my browser. It goes to "safari cannot open this page" The rest of my internet is working just fine.

I called the 800 number again and waited through the busy signals....it just hung up on me after a while.
#87596 by DawnW
Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 am
Oh, got it. I am an idiot.....the cable line was plugged into the wrong line.

It is up and working again.

Dawn