Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#87050 by psmsmallengines
Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:50 pm
Got the Ooma back at end of june. Have always seemed to have some type of problem with it, a lot with the ooma handsets, all of which I sent back, others had issues with them too, then the customer service wasnt that great either So, enough was enough, I returned my ooma telo, got refunded from the store. Then when I went to get back my $119.99 for my not even 90 full days of service, I was told by ooma, no refund, it says so in the customer agreement. It also says I can try the primere free for 90 days, Like an idiot, I jumped the gun and paid it all up front. Shame on me for not reading the small print. But it does say Free for 90 days. I guess free really isnt free. Then I was told that if I even had an ooma telo, it would be another $79.00 to reconnect it!! So buyer beware. (And Educate yourself) for $16.00 a month more than the cost of my internet service, I am back with my old phone company And I get 2 Phone lines, like Ooma, Each has a distinctive ring. And unlimited long distance. So it will take me awhile to recover the cost that Oma will not refund me. I think this is wrong, it I was outside of the 90 days, then I guess I could see it, but you are taking someones money for a service that is NOT being provided, I( could even see if they gave me a refund, minus the months of service that I did use the service, I would not have had a problem with that, I think Ooma should rethink this policy. I do blame myself for NOT reading the find print. And, if I ran out and got another ooma telo, you'd still charge me to reconnect ($79.00) and another $119.00 for a year of premiere service.
#87053 by lbmofo
Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm
psmsmallengines, sorry to see you go.

That reactivation charge you were told about is if someone re-activated an used device. If you activate a new device, there is no reactivation fee.

One of the reasons you bought Premier early was probably because you wanted to port in your number for free saving $40. There is a significant cost in starting up a new customer (similar to starting up a new cell phone customer), hence I think Ooma has the policy as it is.
#87054 by psmsmallengines
Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:41 pm
You have a good point and you are correct, I forgot about the porting the number in free thing. Yes, that is exactly what I did, I was sorry to go too. I am all for technology making life easier, and, cheaper when it comes to something you dont , or at least I dont, use that much. But like I said, issues just seemed to be coming up and my family needs a phone they can depend on. When it worked, it was dead on! it worked great!! I do have a small business on the side, I do have a cell I could use as a backup, maybe I could get in touch with ooma and see if they would apply that $119.99 or, at least some of it, towards a new unit. I mean the Ooma will foward calls to a designated number and that does work very well. I'll let you know what happens. :?
#87061 by WJBertrand
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:35 am
The agreement I have says the free Premier trial period is 60 days, not 90. Maybe you were outside the the 60 days? Never the less, a prorated refund, minus the $40 porting fee that Ooma covered would be nice.
#87087 by psmsmallengines
Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 pm
ooma got back to me, Have to buy another unit(WhichI already knew) and the money which I paid out for premiere would NOT be applied to new unit. So looks like I am done with ooma, I'll cut my losses. Thanks to all who gave me advice on the forum when I had a problem with my telo unit.
#88481 by joe123
Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:58 pm
psmsmallengines wrote:ooma got back to me, Have to buy another unit(WhichI already knew) and the money which I paid out for premiere would NOT be applied to new unit. So looks like I am done with ooma, I'll cut my losses. Thanks to all who gave me advice on the forum when I had a problem with my telo unit.

Ouch! That is not nice of Ooma. I hope Ooma reconsiders. Lots of Ooma employees here who can choose to ignore this or step up and correct this. Time will tell and I will paying close attention.

I am all for a fair game. A credit minus the porting cost and months used would be fair. Also, if you buy a new unit, it would only be fair for Ooma to move your un-used Premier service months to the new unit.
#88488 by psmsmallengines
Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:03 pm
A Great resolution by Ooma!! They refunded my money, and, they refunded my 2nd line port as well. I took another look at things and am now on my 2nd phone bill, with taxes and NOT being listed in the phone book, it was a lot more than I thought it would be and I found out something I think I did wrong. With that said, I ordered another Telo unit from woot.com today and will be coming back to Ooma shortly!!
#88489 by Leeway
Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:07 pm
psmsmallengines wrote: With that said, I ordered another Telo unit from woot.com today and will be coming back to Ooma shortly!!

Welcome Back !! Glad it worked out for you.

Donna
#88494 by joe123
Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:41 pm
Kudos to Ooma! Nice job!

What goes around comes around and I am happy to report that I signed up for Ooma Premier Service and started the porting process of my landline to Ooma.

I am new, less than a week with Ooma Telo, but I am very happy from what I have seen so far that Ooma cares about their customers. The Ooma Telo voice quality is also excellent which is the most important issue for me.

A happy Ooma customer so far :D
#88534 by psmsmallengines
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:39 am
Yeah, I'll admit I was not as patient as I could have been, but cooler heads prevail and so did Ooma!! I bought yet ANOTHER telo for my workshop that was used, the only down side was someone told me I would have to pay to reactivate it. I sent Ooma an email and asked if they might waive the reactivation fee, it dont hurt to ask :) but am looking foward to getting rid of the darn phone bill. I added up what it is costing me to have an unlisted number and I almost fell over! Little over $3.00 a month!! Now times that by 2-3 years, and thats just for being unlisted!!! Anyway, thanks for all the help and kind words here, I know if I have an issue, this is the place to come. Your all great people, have a great day everybody!! :D