Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#85864 by highq
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 am
Please don't SHOUT, it hurts the eyes.

Using youor phone number as your login ID here might attract unwanted calls. Consider calling 888-711-OOMA to get it your login changed.
#85869 by feartheturtle
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 am
lbmofo wrote:
feartheturtle wrote:Dennis P:
Can you give us some idea about what caused the interruption in service? There has been a lot of speculation on various forums as to what was causing the disruption. Thank you.

You thinking of Apple Store being down around the same time? Some are saying that was just a server issue: https://twitter.com/#!/Gizmodo/status/1 ... 2313184257

Actually was following the forum comments/posts at dslreports.com (over 20 pages and counting)
Probably would have missed all the action if this had occurred on one of the days my wife works!
#85886 by Dennis P
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:16 pm
We have confirmation that a power outage took down a portion of the data center that we are hosting our equipment in. Data centers are built to be ultra-reliable, so this is an extremely rare event but explains why our backup strategies did not kick in. We are re-examining our plans/timetable for a second site.
#85891 by The Talker
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:36 pm
I came to Ooma.com to get information about Ooma, I disagree with sending folks to another website (twitter) to get Ooma status (uptime/downtime) updates. Perhaps Ooma can install a plugin to the phpBB message-board software so folks do not have to navigate away from the Ooma website to get that information.
Heaven forbid put it on the http://WWW.Ooma.com main page for all to see outage data!
#85914 by JacobsLive
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 pm
The Talker wrote:I came to Ooma.com to get information about Ooma, I disagree with sending folks to another website (twitter) to get Ooma status (uptime/downtime) updates. Perhaps Ooma can install a plugin to the phoBB message-board software so folks do not have to navigate away from the Ooma website to get that information.
Heaven forbid put it on the http://WWW.Ooma.com main page for all to see outage data!

How is that going to help when Ooma.com was down itself like earlier today? I guess updating via twitter or facebook page will also help customers get relevant and upto date information if comapany's website is down. just my 2 cents!
#85916 by The Talker
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm
Are the .com and Ooma phone services on different servers?

It would still be nice to have a real time status indicator on the main page with a % up-time status bar.
Ooma would still have a very high numbers worthy of boasting about! It just really sucks when either is down!

JacobsLive wrote:How is that going to help when Ooma.com was down itself like earlier today? I guess updating via twitter or facebook page will also help customers get relevant and upto date information if comapany's website is down. just my 2 cents!
#85938 by JacobsLive
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 pm
Yeah, that would be nice idea too, I remember seeing something like that on PhonePower website... :)
#85980 by mgruebe3
Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:18 am
My Ooma is still down in MI, tried reboot several times over the past day.