Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#85540 by akahly
Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 pm
Subject: Defective Telo devise
In an effort to resolve issues with Telo device purchased directly from Ooma, I was told to buy a new machine to replace my 15-month unit.
Keeping in mind that we acquired the product directly from your company, also bought a Handset along with your premier service.
With more than one issue to deal with in past two weeks, we have been out of service for the two lines, a side from the time spent to solve the subject matter.
#85542 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:47 pm
akahly wrote:Subject: Defective Telo devise
In an effort to resolve issues with Telo device purchased directly from Ooma, I was told to buy a new machine to replace my 15-month unit.
Keeping in mind that we acquired the product directly from your company, also bought a Handset along with your premier service.
With more than one issue to deal with in past two weeks, we have been out of service for the two lines, a side from the time spent to solve the subject matter.

akahly:
Maybe we can see something the support couldn't.

Could you please discribe what your Ooma Telo is doing (or not doing).

When you plug it in, do you see any lights?

How do you normally connect your Ooma, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
#85558 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 pm
akahly wrote:Only Line 1 & Line 2 Light is on. Tech. support said Telo need to be replaced.

So when you power the Ooma device the Line 1 & Line 2 Light comes on, and then it doesn’t boot any farther?

If that is the case, the boot loader is not starting or is stuck. Not much/any hope for that symptom.

If the Line 1 & Line 2 Lights are on, then your see other lights, and then the Line 1 & Line 2 Light come on again there may be a small hope. There are some things that can be tried.

Another suggestion:
If you bought your Ooma device with a credit card, sometimes the credit card warrants the purchase for up to two years. It's worth checking out.

Late Add:
Woot has Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System on Sale for $139.99 + $5 shipping.

http://www.woot.com/sale/ooma-telo-voip ... dium=email
#87064 by r0k
Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:50 am
Careful with those surge protectors. There should be a "lightning arrester" on any phone line but using one of those power strip surge protector "filters" might just interfere with your DSL signal. A friend of mine told me this morning that his speed was 600K but he was paying for 3Meg. He bypassed the "surge protection" he had been using and now he gets 4Meg.

I have a new Telo and I'm considering whether to buy the extended warranty. After reading this thread I think I might.
#87079 by zten
Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:44 pm
Another good idea is to turn off the LEDs and make sure the Telo is in a well ventilated area. Heat is the enemy of any electronic device and it runs much cooler when the LEDs are off. What do you need them all for anyway?
#90327 by bukzin
Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 am
zten wrote:Another good idea is to turn off the LEDs and make sure the Telo is in a well ventilated area. Heat is the enemy of any electronic device and it runs much cooler when the LEDs are off. What do you need them all for anyway?

Which LED 's do you mean?

Thanks
#90329 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:22 am
bukzin wrote:
zten wrote:Another good idea is to turn off the LEDs and make sure the Telo is in a well ventilated area. Heat is the enemy of any electronic device and it runs much cooler when the LEDs are off. What do you need them all for anyway?

Which LED 's do you mean?

Thanks

Brightness setting to off I think.