Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#84954 by wenmang
Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:26 am
After $209.99 + $40 port the number, my Telo dies on me after 18 months. Contact support, I was told that nothing they can do and it is out of warranty period, and I start wondering how I can afford to buy new Telo every 18 months down the road? Such poor quality device is really pissing me off.
Last edited by wenmang on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
#84957 by epicred
Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 am
My Telo just died as well after 1.5 years of use, what exactly is your Telo Device doing? I want to make sure that your not having the same issue as me. My device from what I was told doesn't have a proper boot sequence. Tech Support told me I need to buy a new one since its out of warranty. Let me know what exacting is your device doing?
#84962 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 am
If your Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, contact Ooma Customer Support and they, after some more testing and so on, will send you shipping prepaid, a replacement Ooma Telo, with a return shipping label for you to return your defective unit.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Some times if you purchased your Ooma Telo with a credit card, the credit card company will warrant your Ooma Telo for two years.
#84964 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 am
wenmang wrote:After $209 + $40 port the number, my Telo dies on me after 18 months. Contact support, I was told that nothing they can do and it is out of warranty period, and I start wondering how I can afford to buy new Telo every 18 months down the road? Such poor quantify device is really pissing me off.

Did you try all of the things that sometimes wakes up a stuck Ooma device. It's only about a ten percent chance, but it's worth a try.
List what kind of Ooma deive you have, Telo or Hub?
List the Connection setup Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
List what is happening to your Ooma device?
#84965 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 am
wenmang wrote:After $209 + $40 port the number, my Telo dies on me after 18 months. Contact support, I was told that nothing they can do and it is out of warranty period, and I start wondering how I can afford to buy new Telo every 18 months down the road? Such poor quantify device is really pissing me off.

Did you try all of the things that sometimes wakes up a stuck Ooma device. It's only about a ten percent chance, but it's worth a try.
List what kind of Ooma deive you have, Telo or Hub?
List the Connection setup Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
List what is happening to your Ooma device?
#84967 by wenmang
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:31 am
There is no sound when I pick up phone connected to Telo and when incoming call is coming, #1 line is blinking but when I pick up the phone, there is again no sound!
I reboot/reset device a couple of times by holding down both "stop" and "trash" buttons per instruction from tech support, but nothing works. Per tech support, the phone port is busted, what is the quality of that? How can you save money like this?

I am thinking what I should do next. The only thing I hesitate to give up is the home phone# I ported, what a waste!
#84974 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:38 am
wenmang wrote:There is no sound when I pick up phone connected to Telo and when incoming call is coming, #1 line is blinking but when I pick up the phone, there is again no sound!
I reboot/reset device a couple of times by holding down both "stop" and "trash" buttons per instruction from tech support, but nothing works. Per tech support, the phone port is busted, what is the quality of that? How can you save money like this?

I am thinking what I should do next. The only thing I hesitate to give up is the home phone# I ported, what a waste!

Have you tried a completely different phone, that you haven't used before, connected to the Ooma Hub phone port, with a completely different phone cord from the phone to the Ooma Hub Phone port?

Have you cycled the Send to Voicemail button?

Depending on your situation, I would think about it for a long time, but my wife really likes the Ooma Telo now, so if it were me I'd probably (I'd probably have to) purchase a replacement.

There are still some new Ooma Hubs and Scouts out there:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... &x=12&y=14

http://www.buy.com/prod/ooma-800-0114-2 ... 70604.html

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... &x=12&y=14
#85118 by tommies
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:16 pm
My telo will be 2 yrs. old by the end of this month (August) and keeps running.

On paper, without moving part, an electronic device will run forever or at least 5/6+ years. However, in reality, it not the case: every electronic device is vulnerable to power surge. It happens when your A/C unit is started/stopped, nearby storm, etc.

Consider the investment on the telo hardware, a good UPS is recommended for your equipments(modem, router, telo).

Last week a servere thunder storm knocked out the servers at several Comcast nodes. That means few dozen neighborhoods is without Comcast service (my house included), but all my gear is ok and back in business in the next morning when service was restored. The outage was last a hour or so, but the whole evening the speed was crappy.

Please note that the incoming coaxial cable and phone line from telo to the house wiring also need protected. The UPS has cable and network/phone connectors for the same purpose, and you must use them.
#85135 by wenmang
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 am
I do have a surge protector but the surge protector doesn't have coax protection, but coax is connected to cable modem first, not Telo which only connects to cable modem and should not get affected by storm. About ethernet input/output protection, I have not heard of other then phone line one.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests