Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#83028 by dwine
Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:04 am
I am having a problem with my ooma. I set it up last weekend between my Clear modem and my router. It worked fine. Then wednesday it could not log onto ooma anymore. I called ooma and they said it was the fire wall on the modem. I called clear and they opened the ports for ooma. ooma still cannot connect to ooma. It sees the internet fine, it is having a problem seeing the ooma service. Please help
#83030 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:14 am
dwine wrote:I am having a problem with my ooma. I set it up last weekend between my Clear modem and my router. It worked fine. Then wednesday it could not log onto ooma anymore. I called ooma and they said it was the fire wall on the modem. I called clear and they opened the ports for ooma. ooma still cannot connect to ooma. It sees the internet fine, it is having a problem seeing the ooma service. Please help

dwine:
What lights do you see on the Ooma Telo?

Is the Ooma symbol flashing red?

Are you using cable, DSL or ???

With your Ooma setup Modem-Ooma-Router, are you able to access the Internet with your computer to a site like http://www.google.com?

Please post in this thread the Brand Name and Model number of your Modem, and answer the other questions above.

When you do, I'll get back to you with some suggestions.
#83233 by ellenrowell
Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 pm
dwine stated he's using Clear that's a wireless service. Since I'm having a similar problem with my cable modem, and I got that same answer from Ooma, I'm awaiting your answer to dwine.
#83235 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:18 pm
ellenrowell wrote:dwine stated he's using Clear that's a wireless service. Since I'm having a similar problem with my cable modem, and I got that same answer from Ooma, I'm awaiting your answer to dwine.

Have you tried?

thunderbird wrote:ellenrowell:
Procedure to reconfigure your Ooma Device's Internet Setting page:
Access your Ooma Setup pages using network cable connected to from your Ooma device's Home port to the wired LAN port of your Computer. After the computer reboot, type in http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser's window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet Settings. Internet Setting window opens. At connection type click on the down arrow and select Automatic. Clear out any data that is in the PPPoE Options: boxes.
Continue down the page and under INTERNET port MAC Address:, select Use Built-In.
Select Update.
Reboot the Modem, than when the Modem is done rebooting, reboot the Ooma Device, etc.

After the Ooma Device's Ooma icon turns blue, test.

If you still can't use your phone, test with Ooma device's phone Home port unused, and the Ooma device's Phone port connected to just one corded phone.
#83242 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm
ellenrowell wrote:dwine stated he's using Clear that's a wireless service. Since I'm having a similar problem with my cable modem, and I got that same answer from Ooma, I'm awaiting your answer to dwine.

dwine & ellenrowell:
I think you will need more instructions than there are in my previous post that lbmofo posted..

If you had been using DSL, then just changed to Cable, more than likely you have to clear out the DSL settings in your Ooma Telo, Ooma Setup pages, Internet page, before the Ooma Telo will see the new cable provider's Internet connection, or Router LAN connection.

For ease of installation, temporarily connect a network cable from one of your Router LAN ports, to the Ooma Telo Internet port. After you get the Ooma Telo up and running, you can configure your set up any way you like.

Procedure to reconfigure your Ooma Telo’s Internet Settings page:
Access your Ooma Setup pages using a network cable connected from your Ooma Telo Home port, to the wired LAN port of your Computer. If you are using Wi-Fi, temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in your computer.

Remove power from your Modem, Router, the Ooma Telo, and your Computer. Repower your Modem; Re-power you your Router when the Modem is done repowering (rebooting). When the Router has finished powering, Re-power the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo has powered (or will boot as far as it will boot up), re-power the Computer.

Type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser's window (Firefox may work better). The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet Settings. The Internet Setting window opens. At connection type Click on the down arrow and select Automatic (After rebooting eveything, if you have gone through this procedure and if it doesn’t work, click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP) the next time, and do this procedure again). Click on Update.

Remove power again, from your Modem, Router, the Ooma Telo, and your Computer. Repower your Modem; Re-power you your Router when the Modem is done re-powering (rebooting). When the Router has finished powering, Re-power the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo has powered, re-power the computer.
#83286 by dwine
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 pm
I spoke with clear.net and ooma. part of the problem was that certain ports were not open. if you go to support - advanced the ports you have to open on your clear.net are there. we had a initial bad ooma device. they replaced it. so far Mr. OOMA is working wonderful.
#83287 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:26 pm
dwine wrote:I spoke with clear.net and ooma. part of the problem was that certain ports were not open. if you go to support - advanced the ports you have to open on your clear.net are there. we had a initial bad ooma device. they replaced it. so far Mr. OOMA is working wonderful.

Great!