Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#6089 by Chente
Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 pm
Suddenly, my loung inbox repeats all message listings without end. If I have eight calls, it will repeat the same eight over and over again as long as I have the inbox open. As that happens, it is impossible to use any other computer function, as it eats up all my CPU just dealing with the repeats. Doesn't happen on other computers, just one laptop, but all using IE. I've cleared for viruses. scrubbed the cache, de-frags, disc cleaned, everthing I can think of. Even went to another computer, logged in normally, emptied the inbox, and then tried going back to the problem laptop. Still got stuck as the inbox tried over and over again to list ... nothing . Just an empty list but it still wouldn't give me the little "ooma" song.
Any suggestions?
#6124 by thively
Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:41 pm
Chente wrote:Suddenly, my loung inbox repeats all message listings without end. If I have eight calls, it will repeat the same eight over and over again as long as I have the inbox open. As that happens, it is impossible to use any other computer function, as it eats up all my CPU just dealing with the repeats. Doesn't happen on other computers, just one laptop, but all using IE. I've cleared for viruses. scrubbed the cache, de-frags, disc cleaned, everthing I can think of. Even went to another computer, logged in normally, emptied the inbox, and then tried going back to the problem laptop. Still got stuck as the inbox tried over and over again to list ... nothing . Just an empty list but it still wouldn't give me the little "ooma" song.
Any suggestions?
I'm having the same issue. With both Firefox and Google Chrome, but not IE 8.

I didn't have this problem yesterday. It seems whatever fixes were rolled out today, this got broken along with it?
#6245 by thively
Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:10 am
Bobby B wrote:Do you remember what was the older version of Adobe flash you were running?
Oh, geeze, I don't know.
I downloaded the latest FireFox 3.0.8. And WITHOUT installing flash, I went to to the lounge and had that problem.
I went to a site that said "your version of flash is too old, update now."
Then I went and installed flash from Adobe's
Then went back to the lounge and the problem was resolved.

Flash installed in both Crome and Firefox and resolved the issue in both.
The thing is, I didn't think lounge needed flash at all. So perhaps it was a lack of flash being installed at all unless both browsers came with some kind of built in version.

So I'm not sure how the two are related. All I know is plain vanilla latest installs of Chrome's 2.0.169.1 beta, and Firefox 3.0.8 had this issue before I installed Adobe flash from Adobe's site.

If I get a chance, I'll uninstall all of it and try to reproduce.
#6345 by bw1
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:30 am
I sometimes see it when I first log in. It goes away when I refresh.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.8 with Adobe Flash Player 10,0,22,87.

I have a screenshot and source code if you'd like.