Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#82215 by m.a.c.
Wed May 25, 2011 4:29 pm
Hello,

Can someone tell me what the expected behavior of an incoming call that has an entry in the black list? (I'm using the "free" service if that matters).

My expectation is that there is no ring through to my phone, no receipt of missed call email notification and the call is not shown in myOoma inbox.

What I'm experiencing is not that. Although I have a specific number in my black list, every time the caller phones me (which is often enough that I wish to black list them) my phone rings, I receive missed call email notices and the call is shown in myOoma inbox.

I sent en email to support two days ago about this issue but have not received a reply. They must be busy solving other problems.

TIA.
Attachments
ooma_inbox.jpg
MyOoma Inbox
ooma_inbox.jpg (113.54 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
ooma_call_log.jpg
MyOoma Call Log
ooma_call_log.jpg (139.77 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
#82217 by lbmofo
Wed May 25, 2011 4:45 pm
Blacklist is a Premier feature. If you reverted to Basic/Core/Free service, then maybe some of your service attributes within my.ooma.com is stuck.
#82219 by m.a.c.
Wed May 25, 2011 4:49 pm
I think I may have just answered my own question.

When I signed up for Ooma I had 3-months of "Premiere service". After the 3-month period I elected to not pay for it. Despite now being on the "free plan", I still have the (apparently false) ability to add callers to my personal black-list.

Seems that when Ooma stripped away all of my "Premiere features" they left behind the illusion that I could still use my personal black-list.

Guess I'll just chalk this up as another bug which adds up to what I'm finding to be an abysmal user experience, albeit a cheap one.

(Sure wish I would have gone with an Obi that not only doesn't charge a monthly fee, it's 100% compatible with Google Voice!)

Edit: Thanks lbmofo. That reaffirms my conclusion.
Attachments
feature_comparison.jpg
feature_comparison.jpg (141.61 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
#82220 by lbmofo
Wed May 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Given the relatively cheap price of Obi, you can still go with it.

However, I think Ooma rocks even with Basic/Core/Free service. A true home phone replacement solution; don't have to jump through hoops or be a techo nerd to make things work unlike other products. Obi maybe free today, but don't know what's coming down the pike.