Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#79179 by vicw
Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:09 pm
It would appear that the capability to import Google contacts already exists on the Ooma, at least in beta, but I've not been successful getting a single Google contact to import. Selecting and running the import appears to activate it, but I invariably end up with 0 contacts imported.

Is this functionality not really working, or am I doing something wrong?
#79185 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:15 pm
I just tried and also no luck.

I was able to export GV contacts to Outlook csv that Ooma contacts could import successfully though.
#79186 by tomcat
Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:15 pm
vicw -
I did not try to import Google contacts directly but, I was successful in exporting from Google using the Outlook format then import the Outlook formated file into Ooma contacts. Worth trying.
#79188 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:17 pm
tomcat wrote:Great minds think alike! :D

:P Unfortunately, no minds also operate the same way :)
#79278 by vicw
Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:44 pm
It's not critically important to me to import them, so I think I'll just wait a bit for Ooma to get the Google contact import function actually working.
#79313 by ntoy
Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:46 am
vicw wrote:It's not critically important to me to import them, so I think I'll just wait a bit for Ooma to get the Google contact import function actually working.

Hello vicw,

Thanks for the posting. I reopened bug 10362.
#79624 by vicw
Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:10 pm
ntoy wrote:
vicw wrote:It's not critically important to me to import them, so I think I'll just wait a bit for Ooma to get the Google contact import function actually working.

Hello vicw,

Thanks for the posting. I reopened bug 10362.

Thanks for the action, ntoy.