Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#75316 by EA PA
Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 pm
I re-posted this into the right place.

On My OOMA, Dashboard, in Call Statistics, there is a running total of calls and a second line with total minutes of use.

This is great stuff. I could regulate my users (yea right!)... It would be more meaningful to see a 30 day simple rolling or moving average (SMA) of both with a reset function.

I could track and verify that we don't threaten the OOMA limits in T&Cs (translation - worried about wife and kids)

I posted this before and all the house guys did not respond - meaning it does not exist most likely.

Does anyone else (OOMA guys - maybe ntoy?) know if this feature is available and if so how is it done. I could not find it.

Maybe a suggestion for future?

Anyone? :?:
#75317 by lbmofo
Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm
Don't worry about it. The dashboard is rolling 30 days everytime you update so it isn't official. Unless you consistently go over 5000 outgoing month in and month out, Ooma won't bother you.
#75319 by EA PA
Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 pm
lbmofo wrote:Don't worry about it. The dashboard is rolling 30 days everytime you update so it isn't official. Unless you consistently go over 5000 outgoing month in and month out, Ooma won't bother you.

Really? wow - OK cool - love it - not worried - just impressed (with the current blabbing abuse - (Family need counseling) and also OOMA rolling monthly average) - :o

you SURE about that? :?:

Thanks - EA
#75321 by EA PA
Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 pm
Thanks - got it :D

"So how do we police the system to ensure compliance? One of the tools we use is to look at the nominal amount of minutes per month your account consumes. Can a residential user go over this? Yes. And they frequently do during times of family emergency, weddings, etc. That’s perfectly fine with us. But when we see month after month use of more than 5,000 minutes it sets off a red flag that the calling patterns of that number should be more closely evaluated."

After reading this - particularly "Can a residential user go over this? Yes. "

- yea - on Thursdays! - JK. Actually, I just lost 1 to college and added a Droid so - loss on 1 and gain in another - you think OOMA could kick in a few bucks for my wireless bill?

I'm just amazed at the running totals (cause I average about 6 minutes per mo personally) but most importantly, the rolling average is what I was after and it seems to be in place to benefit OOMA and users alike.

Thanks lbmofo - you guys are a great resource for OOMA support. I appreciate the info - EA