Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#75140 by nextbond
Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:29 pm
Hi,
New customer, currently have a phone number provided by OOMA. The web portal login id is this phone number.

When I port my landline over in the next few weeks, what will OOMA do

a) Release the OOMA provided phone # for someone else to use? What will then happen to my web portal login id?
b) Keep the OOMA provided phone# but make my landline phone# as primary number and web portal login id does not change?

Any help would be great.
Thanks
#75142 by ntoy
Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:03 pm
nextbond wrote:Hi,
New customer, currently have a phone number provided by OOMA. The web portal login id is this phone number.

When I port my landline over in the next few weeks, what will OOMA do

a) Release the OOMA provided phone # for someone else to use? What will then happen to my web portal login id?
b) Keep the OOMA provided phone# but make my landline phone# as primary number and web portal login id does not change?

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Hello,

Welcome to the forums!

a) With premier, you can have 2 numbers. Typically when your number ports over, it will replace the temporary number unless you called our support folks & provided instructions to have this as your 2nd number. You will use your ported phone number to log into your account after the number ports over.

b)With both numbers shared in your account, you would be able to use either one to log in.
#75143 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:26 pm
ntoy wrote:With both numbers shared in your account, you would be able to use either one to log in.

However, with the way Ooma app works now, you can only login to the main number's my.ooma.com to get the Ooma app password right? Therfore, can only use main number as userid for the app as well.