Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#74959 by Eibbor
Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:27 am
I have had my telo for a year now but it recently locked up. I powered it down and back up and the line 1 and 2 stay lit up and none of the other buttons (including the brightness) work. I have left it powered off for an extended period of time and the same thing happens when I plug it back in. I have also verified the Internet connection works.

Any thoughts?
#74964 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:36 am
Can you access an Internet site like Google with a computer connected to the Home port of your Ooma Telo?
#74966 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 am
Try:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
e. Select the “Update button”.
f. Do a “cold boot” of the modem.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or Router, which ever device is next in line.
h. After the Ooma device or router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or router, which ever device is next in line.
#74972 by Eibbor
Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 am
I connected the patch cable to my laptop and was not able to connenect to the network. I rebooted the laptop and still not connection. I rebooted the router and telo and still no network connection. I also uplugged the patch cable from the telo and plugged it into the wall port to veryify the patch cable was good and that is how I am now connected.
#74973 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 am
With your Laptop connected to the Ooma device Home port, try http://172.27.35.1

If that doesn't work try disconnecting the network cable from the Ooma device Internet port, than try http://172.27.35.1 again.

I'm going to be away for awhile.

If you need more help, maybe someone else will help you.
#74994 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:58 am
Eibbor:
Have you tried connecting your Ooma device directly behind you modem? Connect your Ooma device directly behind your modem. Reboot your modem and than your Ooma device. Repeat this reboot procedure up to three times.

If you still can't access Ooma Setup, with your laptop computer connected to the Ooma device's Home port, the recent firmware update might have had a malfunction loading in your Ooma device.

If your Ooma device is within warranty, take it back to the store where you bought it for exchange. Or call Ooma support for exchange if within one year warranty period.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#75003 by highq
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:11 pm
Eibbor wrote:I connected the patch cable to my laptop and was not able to connenect to the network. I rebooted the laptop and still not connection. I rebooted the router and telo and still no network connection. I also uplugged the patch cable from the telo and plugged it into the wall port to veryify the patch cable was good and that is how I am now connected.

That doesn't make much sense. What goes in the Telo's Wall port is a telephone cable, which has four, or maybe two, wires. What goes into the Internet port or the Home port is called a patch cable, or an ethernet cable, or a CAT-5 cable, and it has eight wires. The two types of cables are not interchangeabe.