Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#74720 by TraderJim
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:14 am
Every few weeks, the "Enable personal blacklist" setting seems to spontaneously turn off on my account, even though I haven't changed it. I find out that it has turned itself off when a telemarketer that keeps calling me gets through. So I go back in and re-enable it, and re-select the direct blacklisted numbers to the number disconnected message (because it forgets that setting too), save the preferences, and the blacklist continues to work for a few days or sometimes a few weeks. Some time later, it turns itself of again.

Are Ooma staff doing something to the accounts periodically that resets user preferences such as this? This has been going on ever since I got set up with Ooma, many months ago.
#74725 by Bobby B
Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:12 am
The setting should stick - the next time you discover it turned off, please don't enable it again and send me an email. I'll try checking out your settings in the "off" state.
#79989 by TraderJim
Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 pm
This problem is still happening. I see from a search of the forums that many others have the same issue, and have been reporting it since July of 2010. That really seems like a very long time for a basic bug like this to go un fixed. I don't understand why Ooma isn't making severe bugs like this a priority.
#79992 by southsound
Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:36 pm
TraderJim wrote:This problem is still happening. I see from a search of the forums that many others have the same issue, and have been reporting it since July of 2010. That really seems like a very long time for a basic bug like this to go un fixed. I don't understand why Ooma isn't making severe bugs like this a priority.

Did you do as Bobby B suggested in his reply to you, "the next time you discover it turned off, please don't enable it again and send me an email. I'll try checking out your settings in the "off" state."

If so, what was his response? If not, then why not? Bobby has been extremely helpful whenever he gets involved. I can't believe why a person would not accept his help but if you just blew it off, then I guess you'll have to live with the problem.