Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#71755 by PTS
Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 am
I have one notification set up where the audio file of the message is sent to my email address. We are leaving town and I want to add a SMS notification to my mobile phone.

The problem is that when I change the type from Email to Mobile/SMS the Email address text box next to the drop down does not change and it will not allow me to add my phone number as it is expecting an email address.

Note to Ooma: This is broken for me in both Firefox 3.6.13 and IE8.
Last edited by PTS on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
#71759 by PTS
Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:19 am
No, that is not the way it has worked in the past - I believe that once the SMS/Mobile type is selected the user must select the carrier and provide the cell phone number. There are two error providers on the page that validate each of the two 'Types' though the one for SMS is not being implemented when it should be.

I do know my email address for my phone so that should be a decent work around.
#71779 by Bobby B
Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 am
Filed bug 10096. For now, you can workaround the problem by entering your SMS notification as an email address. For example, if I have a cell phone with number on 6505551234 on verizon, I could enter it as:

6505551234@vtext.com

Here's some other popular domains:

AT&T - @txt.att.net
Sprint - @messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile - @tmomail.net
#71784 by PTS
Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:51 am
Thanks Bobby for looking into this and the other matters.

I'm a Verizon Wireless customer and discovered that the user name I have with them and use to login to the Verizon Wireless web site can be used as the email address, example: johnsm@vtext.com

Thanks again.
#72119 by PTS
Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 am
This is fixed, thanks Ooma.
#73199 by HDVMEDIA
Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:09 pm
I've noticed that I have not received any SMS notifications on my Sprint cell from OOMA since 1/11/2011 even though it's listed in my OOMA preferences and I've been getting calls and messages left on my OOMA voicemail.
I'm getting all of my other text messages so, I know the problem isn't Sprint.

In addition, the email no longer sends the transcription AND audio file. Now, it only sends the audio mp3 file.
In the preferences, transcription is currently grayed out and unable to be selected.

Any idea how to fix or if a system update/repair is in the works?

Other than those issues, I love my OOMA.

Please help. Thanks!
#73202 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm
HDVMEDIA wrote:I've noticed that I have not received any SMS notifications on my Sprint cell from OOMA since 1/11/2011 even though it's listed in my OOMA preferences and I've been getting calls and messages left on my OOMA voicemail.
I'm getting all of my other text messages so, I know the problem isn't Sprint.

You can try getting SMS via these email addresses:
number@messaging.sprintpcs.com (Sprint)
number@page.nextel.com (Nextel)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

HDVMEDIA wrote:In addition, the email no longer sends the transcription AND audio file. Now, it only sends the audio mp3 file.
In the preferences, transcription is currently grayed out and unable to be selected.

Are you still subscribed to the transcription service?

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... nscription