Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#70190 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:11 am
OK, this thread was "Contacts problem", now I'd like to turn it into a contacts suggestion thread. See my post below for the three suggestions I have.

Original post:

I did not enter a "Display name", now there is no way to edit the entry, since the display name becomes the clickable link. I can delete it and start over, but it seems like a bit of code (on ooma's side) could fix this problem.
Last edited by EricJRW on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
#70196 by ntoy
Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:45 am
Hello,

Would you be able to clarify a bit further? I see that your number port is happening today. If you are referring to your outbound callerid name, it can take a few days to provision. You may want to give it a little time (about 5-7 business days) & contact us if you are still having issues.
#70205 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:27 am
No this has nothing to do with calling, rather the on-line contacts feature (https://my.ooma.com/contacts).

If a name is not entered into the "Display Name" field of a contact, there appears to be no way to edit that entry.

BTW the port seems to have gone very well!
#70208 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am
Maybe ooma has fixed something along the way but if I add a new contact without Display Name, I am still able to edit. Maybe you can delete and add again?
#70210 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:52 am
lbmofo:

For this example, what name do you see in your contacts list? Without a display name entered, the name field (on my contacts page) is blank (at least for me, thus nothing to click).

As long as I am talking about contacts, is there a way to sort? The order I see the display names are not in alphabetical order. Maybe they are being sorted by last name... I'll need to go back and look, but it would be nice to edit columns, and then click columns to sort on that column.
#70227 by ntoy
Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm
You tried on Firefox as well as IE? What version are you using?
If I hover over my contact I am trying to edit, it is clickable for me.
#70228 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 pm
EricJRW wrote:lbmofo:

For this example, what name do you see in your contacts list? Without a display name entered, the name field (on my contacts page) is blank (at least for me, thus nothing to click).

As long as I am talking about contacts, is there a way to sort? The order I see the display names are not in alphabetical order. Maybe they are being sorted by last name... I'll need to go back and look, but it would be nice to edit columns, and then click columns to sort on that column.

If I don't put in a display name, it will show the first name and last name on the list and it is clickable to me.
The list is sorted by first name then last name.
I think you can delete using the check box to the left and then "delete" under "more." Re-add the contact.
#70237 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:34 pm
lbmofo wrote:
EricJRW wrote:lbmofo:

If I don't put in a display name, it will show the first name and last name on the list and it is clickable to me.
The list is sorted by first name then last name.
I think you can delete using the check box to the left and then "delete" under "more." Re-add the contact.

That's exactly what I had to do.

Odd sort order... So we can't change it?
#70252 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:56 pm
Seems there is no customizable sorting.
#70261 by EricJRW
Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:38 am
OK, this thread was "Contacts problem", now I'd like to turn it into a contacts suggestion thread:

1. Give us the option to choose which columns to display, i.e. I'd like to see last name, then first name, then (maybe) display name. Others might like to see any number of the other fields, in a specific order, that we can fill in for each contact (I'm kind of thinking of the way Windows let us customize the folder view).

2. Let us choose which column(s) to sort on (default sort). The fact the current sort is first name, last name, and can't be changed, means my display names appear to be in random order (my father, whom I have in as Robert Smith, but whose display name is Dad, appears near the bottom of the contacts list).

3. Let us click a column to resort the list, so if our default is last name, first name, but we want to quickly sort by display name, we can just click the column heading.

4. If a contact has more than one number, show all numbers. This would look nice if it was another line on the display page, but adding it as a column might work too.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by EricJRW on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.