Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#68200 by Trinimd
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 am
It took about 2 weeks after my refer a friend.

Today I received my handset and I am not impressed

Cons
1. The handset is bulky and does not fit in your hand as comfortably as a slim phone.
2. The display looks like an old Nokia phone phone display
3. Bright blue power light on the display stays on all the time. I might have to cover it with some tape (tacky)
4. The handset has very slow response when typing numbers
5. The menu button is not in a convenient place and its hard to press
6. If you don't have premier and you are on the telo handset, a fresh dial tone is given to the other handsets. If you try to dial on another handset and you don't have premier you will receive an error stating you don't have premier service. Ooma should default non-premier users to line 1 and disable line 2 all together.
Pro
1. The call quality when calling another ooma handset is suppose to be excellent however I don't know anyone with an ooma handset to test. The 1900 numbers that ooma provide to test sounds fantastic

2. Black color of the phone looks very nice and matches the telo well.
3. Easy to pair with the ooma telo
#68303 by ledouxrt
Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:06 pm
The above pretty much accurately sums up the Telo handset in a nutshell.
I agree. It's pretty cheap. I had to reinstall the firmware in it because it was giving me weird symbols when I'd press various buttons. I would feel ripped off if I paid $50 for it. I'll mainly be using my original phone though, so the Telo handset works well as an extra.