Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#68188 by kieranmullen
Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:20 pm
I understand that call forwarding is expensive. However call failover should be an included option.

To control abuse have it set by customer first time and then afterwards call customer service to change it and the minutes forwarded monitored to prevent abuse.
#68211 by cmeisel
Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 am
Failover is included for the premium subscription.
I actually feel that it is very reasonable for Ooma to only include forwarding for their premium customers.
Do have to be enough differentiators so customers want to sign up for the premium service ( which is the service that will make Ooma money and keep them alive).
If their service was unreliable they would have to include failover for all customers.
#68213 by kieranmullen
Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:30 am
Please re read my post. I am not talkign about call forwarding.

I too "actually feel that it is very reasonable for Ooma to only include forwarding for their premium customers."

I am talking about call failover on a limited basis in case their Internet connection our our Internet connection goes down or one is in a power outage (winter coming up)

cmeisel wrote:Failover is included for the premium subscription.
I actually feel that it is very reasonable for Ooma to only include forwarding for their premium customers.
Do have to be enough differentiators so customers want to sign up for the premium service ( which is the service that will make Ooma money and keep them alive).
If their service was unreliable they would have to include failover for all customers.
#68225 by cmeisel
Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:23 pm
that is exactly what I am talking about. I think it is ok to only include this in premium. There has to be a very strong incentive to switch to premium (again without many premium customers ooma can't survive) and fail over protection sure is an incentive.
Given how reliable ooma has been it is ok to not offer it. If they would go down all the time people should probably get it for free.
#68228 by cmeisel
Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm
i wish ooma would start offering some services as add-on. so rather than pay for all premium why not offer fail over for a one time yearly fee of $29 (for example)
if you want a reliable phone line that can survive winters (not a real problem here in CA) or natural disasters you are (unfortunately) best of with a good old cooper line. If we ever have the big earthquake here you can be sure there will be no internet and no cell coverage just (if at all) good old landlines (which I don't have anymore either) or ham radios (most reliable)