Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67916 by ajw522
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:20 pm
I bought my aunt an Ooma for her to take back to her home in Niger (she's currently there as a teacher for missionary's students) and she got it set up and working! Free calls back to the US!
#67917 by southsound
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:33 pm
I'm not sure what impresses me more - your Aunt's willingness to give back in this way or your gift to keep her in touch with folks here in the states! Way to go both of you!! :cool:
#72624 by ajw522
Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:48 am
Thanks Southsound! I honestly don't know how she does it-living out there in that heat. But she really felt the calling to go there, and she enjoys teaching out there. Not to mention now being able to call home for FREE! :D
#73551 by DawnW
Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:25 pm
COOL!

I grew up attending one of those schools in Africa, but on the East side of the continent!

I wish my parents could have high speed internet in their home when they are there as it would be great to have Ooma for them, but they don't even have 24 hour electricity a lot of the time!

Dawn
#74297 by ajw522
Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:10 pm
DawnW wrote:COOL!

I grew up attending one of those schools in Africa, but on the East side of the continent!

I wish my parents could have high speed internet in their home when they are there as it would be great to have Ooma for them, but they don't even have 24 hour electricity a lot of the time!

Dawn

Exactly. Electricity seems to go out all the time there, as does the internet - I couldn't imagine going without AC or at least a fan in +120F weather.