Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#92789 by lbmofo
Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 pm
Ooma49 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:53 am - 4 minutes after joining forum wrote:Really great list of wishes ... Anticipating implementation ... It would make life less complicated!

Ooma49 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 pm - more than 1 year and 2 months later wrote:Why is the post above mine from Ooma49 there... I did not make that post. I do feel the same ...but I NEVER MADE THAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much caffeine?
#92941 by christri
Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm
More powerful call blocking is definitely required!
My previous VOIP Phone Carrier had a "Teleguard" feature that would automatically detect if the call was a Telemarketeer type call and block it.
After switching to Ooma, I have seen a sharp increase in telemarketeer calls.
The only resort is to manually block those numbers.
Manually blocking is not successful as telemarketeering software seems to rotate the call numbers.
#93459 by penquin65
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 am
I definitely agree. I like this feature, but it needs some improvement.

I would like to be able to customize the block message/choice per caller..... Caller 1 gets "disconnected" message, but maybe I want caller 2 to get the continuous ring or just a busy signal.

I used a program before called "identafone". It was great because I could bock by number, range of numbers, area codes, names, and just about anything I wanted.