Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67425 by dkdj5
Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:04 pm
Does Ooma have a list of e-mail addresses it sends e-mails from? I got an e-mail from that says it is from Ooma [ooma.com@mail5.us2.mcsv.net]
Is that from Ooma or is it a spoof e-mail?
#67427 by highq
Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:13 pm
The easiest check is to do a "whois" inquiry on mcsv.com. It's registered to:

MailChimp.com
512 Means Street
Suite 404
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
United States

Ooma is known to be HQ'd in California.

Connect the dots.

If you find out what a "mail chimp" is (some monkey typing at random but managing to turn out a true copy of The Canterbury Tales?), do let us know. :cool:
#67428 by southsound
Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:47 pm
I've already deleted my recent ooma email but I would guess that it is real. Few companies do a blanket campaign of emails on their own because they want to avoid falling onto someone's spam list with their own domain. Many companies, including FireFox, use MailChimp or similar outfits who maintain a contact list and can easily handle email campaigns.
#67475 by gjwhitehorn
Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:52 am
I'm betting "mcsv" probably stands for something like "MailChimp Service" (or "Server").

highq wrote:If you find out what a "mail chimp" is (some monkey typing at random but managing to turn out a true copy of The Canterbury Tales?), do let us know. :cool:

I'm thinking it's probably more along the lines of a monkey tossing mail into mail slots. ;)
#67615 by nn5i
Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:09 pm
Interesting. I don't think I have ever received any e-mail that purported to come from Ooma, whether legitimate or spoofed. Does Ooma send e-mails?
#67632 by bw1
Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:40 am
nn5i wrote:Interesting. I don't think I have ever received any e-mail that purported to come from Ooma, whether legitimate or spoofed. Does Ooma send e-mails?

Yes, but only if you sign up for the newsletter/updates here: https://www.ooma.com/company/contact/
#67722 by nn5i
Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 am
So desu. Arigato.
#67729 by lbmofo
Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:59 am
nn5i wrote:So desu. Arigato.

そうですか?ありがとう