Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67326 by jonjonbear
Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:51 am
Hello, I have a political group called "share group" that continually calls. I black list the number and the next time they call from another number, which is similar to the one I blacklisted. They obviously have a call bank. Would be nice to say you want to block everything from "617-591-****"

Or block by name..All of the calls show up "share group"

Thanks,

John
#67350 by ntoy
Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 am
Hello John,

You can only block absolute numbers. We do not support wildcards.
I believe blacklist by name is already in the feature request queue.
#67744 by pjhlee
Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:48 am
I'd like to request this feature of wildcarding as well. I get calls from a devious telemarketer selling drug tests for our medical company. They change the last two digits of the phone number (area code and exchange are always the same) to get around our call blocking via ooma. i just need to wildcard the last 2 or four digits. but maybe there are other people who want to block incoming calls from certain area codes? this would make ooma very valuable to me.
#67755 by Toonces
Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:20 pm
I would love this feature as well. Considering call centers often obtain blocks of continuous numbers, allowing a 2 or 4 digit wildcard would seem reasonable for a personal blacklist.