Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67037 by mejone1
Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 pm
How about adding an online faxing option to the premium service. Paying someone else the $10 or so a month to get fax capability which won't work over my ooma service seems like a great opportunity for ooma to get more premium members and resolve one reason folks might not buy the service.
#67050 by oomg
Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:07 pm
Although still in use, faxing as a means of transferring documents is nearly obsolete. IMHO, with the ability to attach a document to an email in PDF format, a fax machine is almost obsolete. However, there are occasions when some of us, including me, must use a fax to send or receive documents. So, I am currently using the OneSuite efax system. As little as $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming to one email address. If you think you need more, go for their $2.95 per month deal. Unlimited incoming faxes to as many as 5 email addresses, plus outgoing at 2.5 cents per page. Upon delivery of the fax, a complete copy of the document along with delivery confirmation is returned to your designated emal. You will need a scanner as outgoing copies use a pdf file to attach to the cover page. Very easy to use, and inexpensive as well. See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp

OneSuite will provide a dedicated fax number for either system. So, if you need the ability to receive faxes only... $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming faxes, including a dedicated number. I have used this service for more than a year, and so far, it has worked perfectly except for a brief period one afternoon when their system was down.
#67086 by huggybear
Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm
This sounds really great except I've had two Dr. offices in the past week who insisted I send the required material by fax. I asked if I could scan & email it & was told that was not an option. Couldn't believe it.