Add internet faxing to premium

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mejone1

Add internet faxing to premium

Post by mejone1 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 pm

How about adding an online faxing option to the premium service. Paying someone else the $10 or so a month to get fax capability which won't work over my ooma service seems like a great opportunity for ooma to get more premium members and resolve one reason folks might not buy the service.

oomg

Re: Add internet faxing to premium

Post by oomg » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Although still in use, faxing as a means of transferring documents is nearly obsolete. IMHO, with the ability to attach a document to an email in PDF format, a fax machine is almost obsolete. However, there are occasions when some of us, including me, must use a fax to send or receive documents. So, I am currently using the OneSuite efax system. As little as $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming to one email address. If you think you need more, go for their $2.95 per month deal. Unlimited incoming faxes to as many as 5 email addresses, plus outgoing at 2.5 cents per page. Upon delivery of the fax, a complete copy of the document along with delivery confirmation is returned to your designated emal. You will need a scanner as outgoing copies use a pdf file to attach to the cover page. Very easy to use, and inexpensive as well. See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp

OneSuite will provide a dedicated fax number for either system. So, if you need the ability to receive faxes only... $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming faxes, including a dedicated number. I have used this service for more than a year, and so far, it has worked perfectly except for a brief period one afternoon when their system was down.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

huggybear

Re: Add internet faxing to premium

Post by huggybear » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm

This sounds really great except I've had two Dr. offices in the past week who insisted I send the required material by fax. I asked if I could scan & email it & was told that was not an option. Couldn't believe it.