Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#66701 by Falen
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:10 am
I was trying to resolve a problem regarding porting my land line phone number.

The customer service support number directs you to someone not in the U.S. I could not understand a word they said. There accent was very bad. I was straining to understand them, and never did understand what she was saying.

So, it was not possible to resolve my problem.

Now I have 2 problems. I can't port my land line and I can't receive any assistance in resolving the problem.

Remedy: Employ native speaking English speakers. I think I was talking to someone in India.
#66703 by ntoy
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:51 am
Hello,

Were you told that your number could not be ported? I do not see an order for a number port.
Have you tried logging into your My Ooma account to port your number?

You can go to:

Add-Ons & select NumberPort

Note: you will not be charged for the number port since you paid for annual premier in Sept.
#66751 by southsound
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:45 pm
Falen wrote:The customer service support number directs you to someone not in the U.S. I could not understand a word they said. There accent was very bad. I was straining to understand them, and never did understand what she was saying.

So, it was not possible to resolve my problem.

Now I have 2 problems. I can't port my land line and I can't receive any assistance in resolving the problem.

Remedy: Employ native speaking English speakers. I think I was talking to someone in India.

ooma has used first line support in Manila (Philippines) for over a year. I have found that most of the support personnel are pretty easy to understand even though they may not be native English speakers. On the occasion when I get a person that is difficult to understand, I have asked them politely to transfer me to someone who may be easier to understand. Both times, they were happy to do so. The first line support people are usually quite courteous and ready to help. They work from a knowledgebase with most common problems and verified solutions - and sometimes it works. Many times you will be escalated to a higher level support tech if they cannot solve the problem. I don't mind ooma saving money this way if it helps them be successful. For problems that other users can help with, this forum is an excellent source of answers. I hope you don't give up on ooma because of the offshore support. I've been a customer since February 2009 and love the product.