Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#66487 by ajw522
Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:35 pm
Oohh-la-la. The Ooma Dial Tone has been revamped. Sounds good :)
#66488 by southsound
Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:38 pm
Actually, we're told that the dialtone has not been changed - it just sounds so much richer with the new PureVoiceHD technology. I agree that it sounds great. And calling other Telo users sounds fantastic! Great job, ooma!
#66489 by ajw522
Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:43 pm
Darn - I don't know any other Ooma Telo users to call!

Plus, I also can tell that the Ooma ringtone on the handset sounds a lot richer -- I don't think that has something to do with the HD Voice, though, do you?
#66491 by Dennis P
Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:41 pm
Ringtones on the handset are streamed over the air (as opposed to locally generated from the handset). This means that the same improvements that we made to enable HD Voice through the handset also allowed us to increase the quality of the ringtones as well.
#66493 by ajw522
Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:25 pm
Dennis P wrote:Ringtones on the handset are streamed over the air (as opposed to locally generated from the handset). This means that the same improvements that we made to enable HD Voice through the handset also allowed us to increase the quality of the ringtones as well.

Thanks for that clarification! The dial tone sounds great, and the ringtones do too....now, I just need to find someone else who has an Ooma Telo to try this out on. Again, great job Ooma!

Now, in regards to ringtones, do you have any idea when MP3 uploaded ringtones will be available?
#66596 by Trinimd
Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 pm
Just noticed it
Thanks
#66980 by ajw522
Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:49 pm
Hal wrote:HD Audio is fantastic. Now I hope Ooma is thinking about video. The Cisco Umi (http://home.cisco.com/en-us/telepresence/umi) is really intriguing. But Cisco pricing is off the chart. I'm sure Ooma could deliver a more competitive product.

Yao! $599 is really steep. I'd rather hook up my PC to the TV and put a webcam on top and make Skype calls.
#67451 by gjwhitehorn
Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:13 pm
ajw522 wrote:Oohh-la-la. The Ooma Dial Tone has been revamped. Sounds good :)

I just got my Telo, and the dial tone reminds me a bit of some nightmares I've had before -- so for me it's a little creepy and I'd prefer something a little more normal. I think I'd be more ok with it if they'd just take the little tune off of the beginning -- or better yet, give me options for the dial tone (e.g. play the tune or not; use the standard PSTN tones or the Ooma tones; etc.).
#70737 by ajw522
Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:24 pm
gjwhitehorn wrote:
ajw522 wrote:Oohh-la-la. The Ooma Dial Tone has been revamped. Sounds good :)

I just got my Telo, and the dial tone reminds me a bit of some nightmares I've had before -- so for me it's a little creepy and I'd prefer something a little more normal. I think I'd be more ok with it if they'd just take the little tune off of the beginning -- or better yet, give me options for the dial tone (e.g. play the tune or not; use the standard PSTN tones or the Ooma tones; etc.).

Lol :D