Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#65045 by ernieb
Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:48 am
Would it be possible to use the Ooma mobile service with a different SIP client? I ask because Fring is capable of SIP calls and I own the Bria softphone app which makes and receives SIP calls.

It would be great if I didn't have to buy another $10 app to make SIP calls.

Any opinions about this?
#65046 by DTMF
Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:46 pm
It is not possible. Ooma does not provide customers access to their SIP credentials. I have the SIP phone that's in my avatar and would love to use it with my Ooma account. Every post I make serves as a reminder that some of us would like to have this capability. ;)

There was a time when this was said to be in the service's future plans. We haven't heard anything about it lately.
#65257 by FreePhone
Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:02 am
I discovered the Whistle Phone iPhone app. It's free and all you need is Wifi (or a SIP account) to get free long distance calls within the continental U.S., it does have ads but they aren't overwelming. You get a phone number that you can call out and receive from. Currently the number is randomly generated, so calls to you could be long distance for your callers but they are going to fix that with an update soon. I have also tried the free iCall app, but much more prefer Whistle Phone. Oh, this app doesn't have voicemail, but that's no problem because I have Google Voice for that.
#100745 by pderby
Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:30 am
DTMF wrote:It is not possible. Ooma does not provide customers access to their SIP credentials. I have the SIP phone that's in my avatar and would love to use it with my Ooma account. Every post I make serves as a reminder that some of us would like to have this capability. ;)

There was a time when this was said to be in the service's future plans. We haven't heard anything about it lately.

I second this request. Would be a great feature addition to Ooma
#100783 by GMOOMA
Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 am
At the moment, wifi apps allowing remote access to calling is a PREMIUM feature.. but nearly ALL ISP's already offer sip and/or web calling capabilities for FREE as a vlaue-added feature. However their service is about $30+ a month.. so, Ooma will probably get there. but it might take some time & customers nudging them, so +1 on some value added feature which is more generous, even if it's a premier feature.
#124415 by jonesms12
Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:58 pm
OOMA ARE YOU THERE??????? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: MAKE THIS HAPPEN...ITS CRAZY THAT IN A WORLD THAT IS SO VIRTUAL WITH ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY THAT A SIMPLE SIP CONNECTION IS NOT POSSIBLE. :x
#124425 by lbmofo
Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:51 am
jonesms12 wrote:OOMA ARE YOU THERE??????? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: MAKE THIS HAPPEN...ITS CRAZY THAT IN A WORLD THAT IS SO VIRTUAL WITH ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY THAT A SIMPLE SIP CONNECTION IS NOT POSSIBLE. :x

Ooma does not charge recurring service fee. Need hardware sold to be in service.