Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67448 by gjwhitehorn
Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:03 pm
hpepper wrote:I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by "handset"... You don't need an ooma handset to listen to voicemails. You can listen with any phone plugged into the system. You just dial your own 7 digit phone number and enter your PIN. You could make it a speed-dial on your phone as well. Many phones have the capability to show when you have a voice-mail as well.

This may not do exactly what you need... just a suggestion.

Actually, you don't even have to dial your own number; you can just pick up your phone and hit the Play button on the Telo.
#67515 by rkitch
Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:12 am
Jerry_NA wrote:Hi Norm,
You are missing an important point that _has_ been mentioned a couple of times. The voicemail information announcement is Loud and Clear, but the voicemail messages themselves are too muted to hear well. I also have this problem: I often have to play my messages two or three times before I can catch all of the words. I am not hard of hearing. In fact, the "You have one new message" recording is too loud for me at top Telo volume. The voicemail recording itself _still_ plays back much too quietly, also at the same top volume. I can sometimes, but not always, hear the same message a little bit better on my computer or using my telephone, but why should I have to do that when I have the Telo?
To recap, the Telo speaker is fine, so it does not seem like a local hardware problem, but my voicemail recording playback is awful because it is too quiet to hear the message clearly.

Other people are having the same problems...

I am having the same problem. Speaker is OK, but most voicemails are very hard to hear. It's a little bit better if I listen through the phone. To top it off, I have not been able to listen to the voicemails via the web since I bought my telo 3 days ago, because the My Ooma website keeps telling me the service is temporarily unavailable. I have tried on multiple computers and occasions. From the other posts, this is obviously a widespread problem that is critical to fix.
#67517 by gjwhitehorn
Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 am
rkitch wrote:I have not been able to listen to the voicemails via the web since I bought my telo 3 days ago, because the My Ooma website keeps telling me the service is temporarily unavailable.

Same here.
#71804 by rschoonh
Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:42 pm
Same here -- message volume too low to make out messages clearly, especially with background noise. Got a Telo for my folks for Christmas anyhow, but they simply cannot hear the messages well enough, so continue to use their old answering machine.

Ooma -- PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
#72163 by dshindorf
Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm
simple and easy fix > go to any salvation army or good will store and pick up a cheap answering machine.
Plug the sucker in between your Ooma unit and handset or use the extra wall out port. Very simple and you get to control how long the messages stay.
#78348 by FiveThumbs
Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 pm
Bump!

The voicemail lady is loud and clear through the Telo speaker. Messages are far too faint to make out whether on Telo speaker OR via online mailbox. I just erased them so can't check what it's like through the handset.

I'll let this sit here for a while before calling tech support.
#78380 by thunderbird
Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:22 am
FiveThumbs wrote:Bump!

The voicemail lady is loud and clear through the Telo speaker. Messages are far too faint to make out whether on Telo speaker OR via online mailbox. I just erased them so can't check what it's like through the handset.

I'll let this sit here for a while before calling tech support.

Always report a problem like this to Ooma Cutomer Support or they never will know, or make corrections.
Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST