Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#65042 by steve7906
Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:36 am
My wife and I find it impossible to increase the console volume to a level that allows voicemail messages to be easily heard. Any background noise in the house or neighborhood overpowers Telo playback. Is it possible to update the software so that higher sound volumes are available to those who do not live in an unusually quiet environment?

In contrast, the Telo handset provides ample volume for us. However, we do not want to always use the handset when listening to messages.
#65882 by drendon
Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:32 pm
Just bought & installed a Telo last weekend and I'm very disappointed with the console volume,
I have to play it at least 3 times to make some words out of the messages! I don't have a handset and
don't plan to get one. Any chance for improvement? I'd like to know that something will improve or will probably
return the unit. Thanks
#66034 by Jerry_NA
Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:59 pm
I'm having a similar problem. When I set the voicemail volume to the highest level, the time/date/etc. information is loud, but the actual voicemail is often barely audible. I frequently have to play a message two to three times before I understand all of the words, even in a very quiet house. Not good.
#66131 by rffvb
Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 pm
Yes, the speaker and volume control on the Telo are very poor quality. The red light blinks all the time, message or no message.
#66150 by hpepper
Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 am
drendon wrote:Just bought & installed a Telo last weekend and I'm very disappointed with the console volume,
I have to play it at least 3 times to make some words out of the messages! I don't have a handset and
don't plan to get one. Any chance for improvement? I'd like to know that something will improve or will probably
return the unit. Thanks

I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by "handset"... You don't need an ooma handset to listen to voicemails. You can listen with any phone plugged into the system. You just dial your own 7 digit phone number and enter your PIN. You could make it a speed-dial on your phone as well. Many phones have the capability to show when you have a voice-mail as well.

This may not do exactly what you need... just a suggestion.
#66153 by ntoy
Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 am
Hello,

When you press the volume control on the telo to change the sound levels, do you see the logo change in color?
What happens if you pickup the phone connected to the phone port on the telo & press the play button? - how's the volume through the receiver?

There maybe an issue with the speaker & can be returned back to the store within the return period or
you can contact our support line to further isolate if a RMA is necessary.
#66175 by huggybear
Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm
We have always had this same problem. You shouldn't have to use your handset phone to listen to voicemail if the Telo has that capability. You should be able to listen on the Telo itself. I have finally given up & log on to myooma.com and listen to voicemail online. Shouldn't have to do that either, but it's one way guaranteed to hear the words.
#67186 by Kurt
Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 am
I have the same problem, voicemail lady loud and clear, voicemail messages faint and hard to hear. Works fine via the telephone.

One thought, I have the ATT landline plugged into the Telo. My number is not yet ported to Ooma. How about you? Maybe voicemail will improve if I port my number to Ooma?
#67230 by Jerry_NA
Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,
Have you contacted our support folks to further troubleshoot? The speaker on your telo maybe faulty?

Hi Norm,
You are missing an important point that _has_ been mentioned a couple of times. The voicemail information announcement is Loud and Clear, but the voicemail messages themselves are too muted to hear well. I also have this problem: I often have to play my messages two or three times before I can catch all of the words. I am not hard of hearing. In fact, the "You have one new message" recording is too loud for me at top Telo volume. The voicemail recording itself _still_ plays back much too quietly, also at the same top volume. I can sometimes, but not always, hear the same message a little bit better on my computer or using my telephone, but why should I have to do that when I have the Telo?
To recap, the Telo speaker is fine, so it does not seem like a local hardware problem, but my voicemail recording playback is awful because it is too quiet to hear the message clearly.

Other people are having the same problems, just posted in different places. This is not an isolated incident. See:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9693
and
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8053
and
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3577
and
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5179

thanks,
Jerry