Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#64924 by suttung
Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:56 pm
Hi all-

I have a question... I'm considering having my number ported... I called AT&T and the lady was none too happy (guess I'm not the only one she's talked to today)... anyway, she said if I did that, I would lose my dsl when the number was ported and there would have to be a new order placed for the dsl...

Is this true?

... and if this is true- has anyone else done this and got their promotional pricing for a new account at $19.95 a month for their 6.0 dsl?

Let me know... would mean I save even more $ to change over :-)

Thanks!
#64931 by suttung
Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:34 pm
I went along further in working up and order and its looking good:

FastAccess® DSL Direct 6.0M
$19.95 per month for a full 12 months (new DSL customers only)

Get High-speed Internet without a phone line. FastAccess® DSL Direct 6.0M goes head to head with cable and is a better value in the long run.

Features and Benefits
FastAccess DSL Direct 6.0 is perfect for:

• Streaming video
• Online gaming
• Home Networking
• Sharing photos
• Downloading music
• Email and web surfing
• Wi-Fi Basic included
#64933 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:05 pm
Yeah, I was looking at the wrong thing. I see your link is pricing on DSL direct without phone service.

So the $19.99 plan after promotion, with phone service is $42.95 and without is $47.95.

I'd go to http://www.att.com/ and order there. Seems the pricing is better (BellSouth = AT&T); regular price is $40 with phone and $45 without.

If I were you, I'd dish out $10 more for much faster cable.
#64934 by suttung
Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 pm
lbmofo wrote:If I were you, I'd dish out $10 more for much faster cable.

Hmmm any cable companies you'd suggest for zip code 29809?

Thanks!
#64959 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:27 pm
suttung wrote:I'm only seeing Atlantic broadband:

$44.95/month
MAX High Speed Internet Service
Up to 8 Mbps download
Up to 768 Kbps upload

That's kind of slow like DSL. Plug in your address and see if Comcast is your provider: http://comcast.scnes.com/sc-new-ellento ... cable.html
For $50 something, you should be doing 20 some to 30 some Mbps down.