Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#64411 by roadshow
Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:12 am
I bought my Hub & Scout about 6 weeks ago from Radio Shack. I am really impressed with the product and ported my number from Time Warner. So, of course I bragged to my family and friends about not having a phone bill and not even having to pay any taxes. Since then, three other family/friends have found Hub & Scouts at local Radio Shack stores. I helped them with installation, and forwarded their phone numbers to the OOMA until porting takes place. So far, eveyone loves it. We did have a carrier issue in our area a few weeks ago, but OOMA has fixed the issue. Now other family members are scouring the local Radio Shack stores to try and find Hub & Scout's that are still tax free. It's intersting that almost every store we call says that they are "out of stock", yet when we visit the store they mysteriously manage to find one in the back room. I hope OOMA stays in business a long time!
#64439 by lbmofo
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:42 am
More than a week ago, every Radio Shack store shipped their remaining Ooma Core inventory back to their TX warehouse resulting from a company wide memo. I suppose so that they can sell them online.

Sure enough, the radioshack online has them in stock now (for a week or more as of yesterday, out of stock) for the sale price of $199.99. The sale is supposed to end today 9/11.
#64453 by roadshow
Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:21 pm
lbmofo wrote:More than a week ago, every Radio Shack store shipped their remaining Ooma Core inventory back to their TX warehouse resulting from a company wide memo. I suppose so that they can sell them online.

Sure enough, the radioshack online has them in stock now (for a week or more as of yesterday, out of stock) for the sale price of $199.99. The sale is supposed to end today 9/11.

Wow. I guess we got them just in time. I wonder if there are any stores left that didn't send them back?
#64966 by mikesv
Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 pm
Units are still available online as of today/tonight. Great deal on the harder to find core system.
#65998 by roadshow
Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:10 am
lbmofo wrote:Radioshack is out of stock.

:( They may have been the last of the "no tax" OOMA's at a discounted price. I see a few refurb Hubs at Fyrs.com now and then, but they are still subject to the taxes. I hope my Hub lives a long life, I actually prefer it over the Telo.