Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#63975 by pixs
Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:45 am
It would be helpful to add a Dropped Call icon in the call log Legend in addition to missed calls & outgoing. I made a couple of calls yesterday that were dropped. I don't know if Ooma dropped or something else happened.That would be very useful information and helpful in correcting any connection problem.

In addition to Favorite Calls there could be Dropped call indicator could also give a percent of successful calls as which I'm sure would be quite high.
#64063 by calkid4ever
Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:20 am
I agree with pixs suggestion. Ooma drops calls way too often. :x I had Vonage for more than five years and can't recall having more than 2 or 3 dropped calls with them.

pixs wrote:It would be helpful to add a Dropped Call icon in the call log Legend in addition to missed calls & outgoing. I made a couple of calls yesterday that were dropped. I don't know if Ooma dropped or something else happened.That would be very useful information and helpful in correcting any connection problem.

In addition to Favorite Calls there could be Dropped call indicator could also give a percent of successful calls as which I'm sure would be quite high.
#64118 by southsound
Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:34 pm
I have not had a dropped call in over a year - and part of that time I had the original hub in addition to my Telo. If you are getting dropped calls, something is wrong. I would keep track of the numbers involved, date and time, and whether the call was incoming or outgoing. Then present the information to ooma's technical support. They can discover a lot about those dropped calls - and if one of their carrier partners is at fault, they can make routing changes to clean things up. The only time my ooma systems have acted up is when Qwest, our DSL provider, fried some boards in their RTE and left us without Internet service. The manual log may seem like a hassle, but if it improves service, it is well worth it!
#64179 by nn5i
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 am
I've never had a dropped call either -- except when calling Ooma Customer Support.

But how could Ooma implement a Dropped Call Indicator? In all likelihood, to Ooma's logging equipment, it looks exactly like a normal termination. The requested feature may, for most dropped calls, be technically infeasible.